Need Help! Spindle rpm slow down when jog any axis (Mach3)

Thread: Spindle rpm slow down when jog any axis (Mach3)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle rpm slow down when jog any axis (Mach3)

Hi,

I recently built a machine and had only one issue is when spindle is on at any speed and when try to jog any axis the rpm slow down to almost half.

I loaded a g code and problem still.

When I switch spindle to manual using the external machine potentiometer I have no issue!

Breakout board I’m using is C11

Any idea what’s wrong?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by SAMI81; 01-17-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle rpm slow down when jog any axis (Mach3)

Quote Originally Posted by SAMI81 View Post
    Hi,

I recently built a machine and had only one issue is when spindle is on at any speed and when try to jog any axis the rpm slow down to almost half.

I loaded a g code and problem still.

When I switch spindle to manual using the external machine potentiometer I have no issue!

Breakout board I’m using is C11

Any idea what’s wrong?

Thanks
    One thing to check is the supply voltage taking a dive when you run the axes, your power supply may not be big enough

Check the output PWM 0-10v that you are controlling the spindle speed with if this is dropping then the power supply may need changing or a separate power supply for the Breakout board

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    One thing to check is the supply voltage taking a dive when you run the axes, your power supply may not be big enough

Check the output PWM 0-10v that you are controlling the spindle speed with if this is dropping then the power supply may need changing or a separate power supply for the Breakout board
    Thanks for your reply,

I tried multiple power supplies. Hooked up the breakout board to 5vdc 3amp and the 12vdc terminals to a 24vdc 10amp but didn’t work!

I’m thinking off a possible setup issue in Mach3 otherwise my breakout board is faulty.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you using the parallel port?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your reply,

I tried multiple power supplies. Hooked up the breakout board to 5vdc 3amp and the 12vdc terminals to a 24vdc 10amp but didn’t work!

I’m thinking off a possible setup issue in Mach3 otherwise my breakout board is faulty.
    I don't think you can add a 24v supply to 12v terminals that could damage something if not rated for 24v

An easy way to check, is to in Mach3 MDI do M3 S24000 and see if the output at the Breakout Board is 10v then do a M3S12000 and you should have 5v if this is not working like this then then you have to check Mach3 settings to get this working first

The other thing is how are you running all this meaning the supply voltage and amperage available

What do you have for a Spindle VFD Drive Etc

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Are you using the parallel port?
    Yes I am

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think you can add a 24v supply to 12v terminals that could damage something if not rated for 24v

An easy way to check, is to in Mach3 MDI do M3 S24000 and see if the output at the Breakout Board is 10v then do a M3S12000 and you should have 5v if this is not working like this then then you have to check Mach3 settings to get this working first

The other thing is how are you running all this meaning the supply voltage and amperage available

What do you have for a Spindle VFD Drive Etc
    Thanks for your reply,

I was able to replace 12 volt PSU with 24 volt PSU. It didn't damage the board I guess! I think I read about it somewhere and they said I could be able to do that.

The maximum speed of my spindle is 10000 rmp. I adjusted the little potentiometer on C11 breakout board for max rpm to get 10 volt and for half speed is 5 volt.

When spindle is running by itself I have no issues. it does full speed and I can make it run at any speed I like. The problem is when I jog any axis the voltage of the 0-10 volt terminals drops almost to half and so the spindle rpm of course.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your reply,

I was able to replace 12 volt PSU with 24 volt PSU. It didn't damage the board I guess! I think I read about it somewhere and they said I could be able to do that.

The maximum speed of my spindle is 10000 rmp. I adjusted the little potentiometer on C11 breakout board for max rpm to get 10 volt and for half speed is 5 volt.

When spindle is running by itself I have no issues. it does full speed and I can make it run at any speed I like. The problem is when I jog any axis the voltage of the 0-10 volt terminals drops almost to half and so the spindle rpm of course.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks,
    Have you contacted CNC4PC about the C11 Board

Yes it makes sense, what is the spindle and it's drive and how is everything wired, some photos may help, something is reducing the power to the output and that should not be possible, do you have a separate power supply for the breakout board and the stepper drives

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you contacted CNC4PC about the C11 Board

Yes it makes sense, what is the spindle and it's drive and how is everything wired, some photos may help, something is reducing the power to the output and that should not be possible, do you have a separate power supply for the breakout board and the stepper drives
    Here is a video explaining what’s going on

And here is another video for stuff I forgot to mention

Let me know what you think

Thanks

Last edited by SAMI81; 01-18-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Problem Solved!

It was in ports and pins output setup, I had output#1 set to pin 14. I unchecked (disabled it) and everything worked just fine.

Thank you all for your help.