Homing on the Fly

Thread: Homing on the Fly

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Homing on the Fly

I have a 30 minute NC program and need to re-home my 3 axis at mid point, hands off, using code. I miss enough steps that the end of the cut is out of position. If I slow down for accuracy, the time doubles. I need to make about 250 (30 min twice each pc), so the time is important. 3 D Carving, using Mach 3 & MeshCam. Thanks for the help, Edward

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homing on the Fly

Find out why steps are missing and fix that so you don't have the positional errors you mention.

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe write a homing macro and call it mid program. There might be one available online somewhere.

But I agree with @he1957, it is normally better to fix the real problem.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ekcourter View Post
    I have a 30 minute NC program and need to re-home my 3 axis at mid point, hands off, using code. I miss enough steps that the end of the cut is out of position. If I slow down for accuracy, the time doubles. I need to make about 250 (30 min twice each pc), so the time is important. 3 D Carving, using Mach 3 & MeshCam. Thanks for the help, Edward
    May be you need a UC100 from CNCdrive - motion controls or a SmoothStepper Board, either should help with this problem

Acceleration may be some of your problem this won't affect the time very much if you have it at a low setting, set to high can cause lost steps

The UC100 will give you better smoother running motors, so may even be able to use even higher speeds with this simple unit, if you get one of these make sure you are getting it from the manufacture or one of there resellers like CNC4PC as there are cheaper Chinese copies that don't work with there software plug in for Mach3

Mactec54