After 7 years of perfect operation - "External eStop requested" has me shut down

Thread: After 7 years of perfect operation - "External eStop requested" has me shut down

Downloads
    Uploads

Default After 7 years of perfect operation - "External eStop requested" has me shut down

Hi Folks - I know this external estop requested error seems to be pretty common because I've seen a million posts online about it, but none of the solutions I've seen have helped.

I have a homemade Solsylva designed CNC with Mach3, a Gecko G540, and Nema 23 steppers with a small dewalt Palm router.

When I run a program or just freely move the spindle, the system shuts down after 10-15 seconds and gives me an external estop requested error. I've noticed that it seems to happen mostly (only?) when the bit is cutting under load. If I drive the jog the router around the bed even while turned on, but under no load, it doesn't seem to activate the error. When I do get the error, I cannot just reset it, but I need to cut power to the steppers/G540 and then turn them back on. At this point I can hit reset and then drive for another 10 seconds or so.....

I've already sent the G540 back to Geckodrive and it checked out fine. I also replaced the power supply (because I was told that would be the second most likely cause) and that did nothing.

Any suggestions? I honestly don't know much about electronics (I had Camtronics built the box with the 540 and estop and do all the wiring). What I know is that this setup has run perfectly for years and I haven't changed anything. Any recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated as I was counting on my CNC to make some Christmas presents. Thanks!

Scott

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: After 7 years of perfect operation - "External eStop requested" has me shut down

what's between the computer and the G540?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: After 7 years of perfect operation - "External eStop requested" has me shut down

Hi - I'm not sure if I follow (do you mean physically or electronically?), but I had Camtrics build a simple electronic box which houses a power supply, a big push button Estop, and the G540 is housed in the same box - I think it's a pretty simple setup as far as CNC goes. I don't have limit switches or homing switch or a rotary axis or anything fancy....?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ndvermin View Post
    a simple electronic box which houses a power supply, a big push button Estop, and the G540 is housed in the same box
    The button itself would be the first thing to check.