Newbie Sorry!! another Newbie with start up issues with a 3020 CNCest machine.

Thread: Sorry!! another Newbie with start up issues with a 3020 CNCest machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sorry!! another Newbie with start up issues with a 3020 CNCest machine.

Hi

Firstly my apologies if this sounds similar to so many other threads I've looked at on here in the last 3 hours since joining the group but I just cant find the answers!!

I have just bought a 3020 CNCest machine (with USB only connection to the blue control box) from Ebay with no instructions or manual.Then received links from seller to manual for setting up Mach3.

I have tried to connected the Machine to run Mach3 and run with the setting they have given me, on two of my old desktop computers on Window XP and Vista(including patch) through their USB ports. but I don't think they have sent the correct settings as they are for a 4Axis - 800w motor with 24000 rpm and I have a 3axis 300w motor with a max speed of 8000rpm.

Would it be these setting causing me not to be able to control the motors as it looks like on the screen on mach3 that they are working and moving ok but nothing happening?
    I also thought it might be a windows driver problem as the CNC doesn't show up in MY Computer at all.

Any advice to a Newbie would be much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sorry!! another Newbie with start up issues with a 3020 CNCest machine.

CAN NO ONE HELP THIS POOR SOUL !!!

Actually I apologize I cant be much personal help as I have no experience with mach 3 software ( we use bobcad for our machines here at the shop)
    But I would suggest starting out by doing as much research as you can on your new router and Mach3 itself, there is a wealth of info both on these forums and on youtube.
    You definitely need the right settings for your mach 3 to work though, thats important to getting the right code and speeds set for when you finally do get that baby running.

I am also assuming that your machines insides are all a ok and nothing is the matter there, so my best suggestion is just take your time and learn as much as you can and dont be afraid to try a few small tests when you feel like you got a grasp on the basics.
    Even just engraving or cutting a straight line is a huge first step and can be hard when you just started out!

Anyway Im hoping this reply brings you some good luck in the form of more knowledgeable folks !
    Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sorry!! another Newbie with start up issues with a 3020 CNCest machine.

Did you install the plugin for your USB controller?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Did you install the plugin for your USB controller?
    Where do I find the plugin for the USB controller?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RobotTranslator View Post
    CAN NO ONE HELP THIS POOR SOUL !!!

Actually I apologize I cant be much personal help as I have no experience with mach 3 software ( we use bobcad for our machines here at the shop)
    But I would suggest starting out by doing as much research as you can on your new router and Mach3 itself, there is a wealth of info both on these forums and on youtube.
    You definitely need the right settings for your mach 3 to work though, thats important to getting the right code and speeds set for when you finally do get that baby running.

I am also assuming that your machines insides are all a ok and nothing is the matter there, so my best suggestion is just take your time and learn as much as you can and dont be afraid to try a few small tests when you feel like you got a grasp on the basics.
    Even just engraving or cutting a straight line is a huge first step and can be hard when you just started out!

Anyway Im hoping this reply brings you some good luck in the form of more knowledgeable folks !
    Good luck and welcome to the forums!
    Thanks for your Reply ...... hopefully its a simple thing that I can fix ......fingers crossed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the fun of CNC Unfortunately Mach3 will not work with a USB controller. I tried and had no luck awhile back using a USB DB25 parallel port adapter. Go to machsupport.com that is where you are going to find help it's mach3's web site. Get a device called a Smooth Stepper from Warp9 or a similar controller that is what ger21 is referring to Do your homework that's how you learn. If you got an unlicensed version of Mach3 with your machine you will be limited to 500 lines of program that won't go far. You will want to pull your hair out a few times before you get it all set up. LOL
    Jack

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by machinejack View Post
    Welcome to the fun of CNC Unfortunately Mach3 will not work with a USB controller. I tried and had no luck awhile back using a USB DB25 parallel port adapter. Go to machsupport.com that is where you are going to find help it's mach3's web site. Get a device called a Smooth Stepper from Warp9 or a similar controller that is what ger21 is referring to Do your homework that's how you learn. If you got an unlicensed version of Mach3 with your machine you will be limited to 500 lines of program that won't go far. You will want to pull your hair out a few times before you get it all set up. LOL
    Jack
    Thanks Jack I'll head back on the Mach3 site and start learning about the Smooth Stepper.

But I suppose I'm still going to have the problem of finding the correct settings for the machine, hopefully someone can help with this too?

Downloads
    Uploads

Um, hang on... Mach3 will most definitely work with a USB controller, provided you have the driver for that controller. Hit the seller up for a copy of the driver, and follow the instructions carefully to install it. Get this sorted before you start buying hacks to fix it, or you'll end up paying three times what you paid for the machine in stuff you don't need whilst you chase your tail to get it to life.

In answer to your original question: spindle speed and power differences won't stop you moving the axes, and apart from setting any internal speed limits won't make any difference to driving the spindle either (just change the max speed setting in Mach3).

Downloads
    Uploads

I have an parallel port running my machine's. A Denford Microturn lathe, Bridgeport Boss 5 millI plus the one I built from scratch. I know the newer stuff as migrated to USB built my first mill 12 years ago. A lot has changed. I was having trouble with mine it was probable a computer problem a fellow hobbyist gave the Smooth Stepper it made a huge difference at least for me. Having a packaged deal should put you way ahead of where I was early own. I now use Gecko drives but my first driver boards I built using H bridges. Some things are just better bough than built.
    Jack

Downloads
    Uploads

12 years ago every PC had a DB25 connector on its ars3, which was why printer ports were so popular for running pc based machines.

Good luck finding a pc cheaper than your CNC machine now that comes with a DB25.

Nowadays USB is the equivalent standard. Its latency means it’s not ideal for machine control but it’s what most of use have and so it’s what the manufacturers build for.

First step get your USB driver working.

When you’ve got that going roll with it for a while until you need to upgrade.

Then, well, you’ll have had time and experience the make some better influence need decisions. Not even being patronising: usb is fine for most. I only upgraded to Ethernet to parallel (ucnc 400 eth) because I neeed some extra I/o for a laser head.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Dharmic,

I finally obtained the driver from the seller and now can communicate with the CNC machine!!

Now I have another problem........ whenever I try to change the motor settings and click OK an error (ERROR FOUND, ART CODE:9991 RECOV) comes up in a box with ok or cancel but clicking either ...nothing happens.
    so I have to close the Mach3 in task manager and lose all the settings. I'm sure I'll find some information on this error code on this forum.

Thanks again for the help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Error 9991 Problem fixed by removing plugin files that were not in use or not required!

Downloads
    Uploads

All up and running now then? Great!