Need Help! MACH3 On this Machine

Thread: MACH3 On this Machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MACH3 On this Machine

Hi all.

So we have this type of CNC Machine at work: https://bullerent.com/products/panel-pro/

This Type of machine is really meant for cutting out any type of metal panels which it does very well, but when it comes to doing any cuts with pockets or other weird cuts , the software supplied with this machine (easycad for drawing Avcam for machine software) isn't very good.
    we use the avcam software with dxf files drawn though easycad.
    We are wanting to know if we can use mach3 with this type of machine so we can load Gcode.
    I have my own CNC at home running mach3 though the parallel port all good. but its been years since i went though the setup process.The PanelPro here at work connects to a usb input but has a converter on it looks like dsub or vga to usb.
    The faq for the panelpro says the motion controller is a SC2A Controller but can not seem to find much more info on this regarding using it with mach3 or even mach4 ???
    Any help on this would be great , Thanks in advance , any more info needed just ask..
    Cheers all
    Riche

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by riche543; 08-15-2018 at 01:56 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MACH3 On this Machine

I can work with you to convert it to mach3.

if you are interest send me the photos of inside electric cabinet and motors.

my email is mattcnc@protonmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mattcnc123 View Post

Thanks Emailed you with photos , will also put them up here , Might help others down the track.

MACH3 On this Machine-img_1858-jpgMACH3 On this Machine-img_1859-jpgMACH3 On this Machine-img_1860-jpgMACH3 On this Machine-img_1861-jpgMACH3 On this Machine-img_1862-jpgMACH3 On this Machine-img_1863-jpgMACH3 On this Machine-img_1864-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mattcnc123 View Post

Sorry just looking for some free advice , Thanks all the same for expensive quote you gave me , think i will give it a miss thanks.

Hopefully now with pics of inside motion controller box up some others might be able to give me some advice on getting this to run with mach3.
    Cheers
    Riche

Downloads
    Uploads

All you need to change is the motion controller (the Buller Enterprises board). Everything else can stay - the power supply, the Gecko drives, the enclosure itself. Which controller to choose is up to you and your budget. Anything from a $10 Chinese breakout board (plus an old computer with a parallel port) to a $200 UC300.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply, much more friendly advice than the first one MACH3 On this Machine .
    Yes once I opened up the box & saw the gecko drives , I thought the same just need to change that one board.
    We are wondering though weather it’s possible to have 2 controllers hooked up & still be able to switch between the two, so we can use as is now or switch to other board for Mach3 on USB?
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by riche543 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, much more friendly advice than the first one MACH3 On this Machine .
    Yes once I opened up the box & saw the gecko drives , I thought the same just need to change that one board.
    We are wondering though weather it’s possible to have 2 controllers hooked up & still be able to switch between the two, so we can use as is now or switch to other board for Mach3 on USB?
    Cheers

Possibly don't use a USB controller. Ethernet controllers are much more industrial and reliable.
    Also avoid using chinese motion controllers if you don't want problems for yourself.
    You can use a UC300eth or UC400eth both are ethernet motion controllers and work with mach3 mach4 and uccnc softwares.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by riche543 View Post
    You could make a wire harness for your new controller with the same connector and the same pinout as the old controller. But I think it would be best to retire the old controller and transfer your old drawings to the new system.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    All you need to change is the motion controller (the Buller Enterprises board). Everything else can stay - the power supply, the Gecko drives, the enclosure itself. Which controller to choose is up to you and your budget. Anything from a $10 Chinese breakout board (plus an old computer with a parallel port) to a $200 UC300.
    So ended up getting the UC400ETH , reading though there user guide it talks about connecting though a breakout board?? Its been so long since i originally setup my own cnc at home its got me wondering if using this UC400 requires a breakout board to use with the setup we have at work??
    (see photos above) TIA
    Cheers
    Riche

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, you do need a breakout board. A bare UC400 has no wire connectors; neither does it have optocouplers for input/output isolation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks any recommendations for a bob?
    Am I right in saying there is no bob on our old setup ( see pics above)
    Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Your old controller does not seem to have any isolation, the big microchip connects directly to the Geckos. You could in theory do the same with the UC400, but I don't think that would be a good idea.

I do not have any hands-on experience with the UC400, but the UCBB board they sell now would work fine with your setup.