Can anyone please help me with my CNC conversion?

Thread: Can anyone please help me with my CNC conversion?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Can anyone please help me with my CNC conversion?

Hi everyone,

My name is David, and I would like to ask for your help.

Recently I have decided to convert my Amadeal AMA16 milling machine to CNC.
    I just put it together a day ago and as I was setting it up in Mach3 I ran into an interesting problem. (I'm novice when it comes to CNC machining so it might be a simple fix but I couldn't figure out so far)

So the setup I'm using is basically 1605 ball screws + Nema23 425oz motors on each axis with DMQ542MA drivers, and two 36w power supplies. (Cheap Chinese kit)

So the problem I am facing is that my X axis does not travel the correct distance.
    I'm using metric system so I calculated my mm/minute that I need to put in Mach3 and if I use 1600 micro stepping with a 5mm pitch lead screw I should have a stepping of 320mm/minute. Now, on both Y and Z axis these numbers are fine and the distance is correct but no matter what I do my X axis doesn't move the proper distance, unless I put the dip switch to 400 micro stepping and put in a value of 80mm/minute in Mach3. This would be fine by me but there is another issue.
    After I put it the 80mm/minute in mach3 and save it, the motor runs smooth and the distance is correct, however when I exit the program and start it again with the saved information the motor suddenly becomes extremely slow and jerky and sounds awful.

Could it be a problem with the DQ542MA driver, maybe the dip switch doesn't work, or maybe something simple in mach3?

I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction.
    Thank you very much guys.

Regards,

David

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can anyone please help me with my CNC conversion?

The first thing I would do is swapping your X and Y drivers. See if the problem stays with the X axis or moves with the driver.