Two issues while running Mach3 on a TB6560 board

Thread: Two issues while running Mach3 on a TB6560 board

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Two issues while running Mach3 on a TB6560 board

Hi all.

I'm attempting to build a MPCNC machine, which I want to control using Mach3. Mach3 controlls a 3-axis T6560 board, which has the DIP switches configured as
    follows: 25% for the current setting, 25% for decay mode, and 1/2 microstep setting. I installed it and only configured the pins, ports and the Estop switch.

After testing the motors using the jog control (everything moves correctly), I wanted to perform a pen plot, like suggested on this page: https://www.v1engineering.com/estlcam-basics/
    I followed the tutorial and created my own .tap file and also tried using the one (.gcode), which is provided on the linked page. The result can be seen in the attached picture.

There are two problems:
    - the machine does not start to draw the model, but instead draws an oblique line (there are multiple ones on the picture, which belong to different attemps), which is probably
    the line from the origin point to the starting point of the drawing. I have to stop the machine, otherwise it bumps to the rails. If I go to MDI screen and enter the
    code G21 (milimeter mode), the model is drawn successfully.
    - even if I enter the mentioned code, the model is larger than it should be (15 cm). On the attached picture, the diameter of the larger crown is 45cm,
    the other one is somewhat smaller.

Here are both files, which I used to print the crown:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1dyl2lsgs0dbdk/files.7z?dl=0

EDIT: I made two manual tests - drew two lines. First line was drawn by moving the pen for 5 units (inches), which moved it for 40cms. Then I set the working units to mm (G21) and attempted to move the pen for 100mm, which moved it for 31.5cm. Please see the second attached picture.

Hope someone can help me with these two issues. I'm really excited about using the machine.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

Regards.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two issues while running Mach3 on a TB6560 board-img_20180623_211853-jpg   Two issues while running Mach3 on a TB6560 board-img_20180623_211853-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Two issues while running Mach3 on a TB6560 board

Give it the G21 command first, before commanding any moves, so it knows which units to use.

It sounds like your steps per unit are off by a factor of 3 or so. Divide the steps by 3 (in the Motor Tuning dialog) and try again. You need to adjust that figure until the commanded move and the distance it actually moves match exactly.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]