Need Help! Looking to hire someone to modify probe vbscript for special probe needs

Thread: Looking to hire someone to modify probe vbscript for special probe needs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Looking to hire someone to modify probe vbscript for special probe needs

I presently have mach3 and big-tex blue screenset. I use the x-y center probe vbscript ( touch test) that is included in this screenset. I need to find someone that has the capabilities to modify the vbscript in order to meet the new requirements that I need for a special machining job. I am willing to give more details when someone get in contact with me, but in general, I need to find the 4 corners of a piece then calculate the center of it based on the 4 previous measurements.

For those wondering, I have tried contacting big-tex, but did not get any reply.

Thank you.

please reply through private message.
    steve.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking to hire someone to modify probe vbscript for special probe needs

Have you looked at the 2010 screenset? I know it will do a circle and find the center.
    It might get closer to what you want and the author was responsive when I reached out to him.

The 2010 screenset has made a huge difference for us for sure.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking to hire someone to modify probe vbscript for special probe needs

I actually need to do a learning of all four corners.... and would rather stay with the present screenset which works great for my needs... just need someone that can help expedite my needed modification... I could also learn vb, but would rather have someone already good at it...

Downloads
    Uploads

Steve,

I am surprised Gerry "ger21" has not chimed in yet, give him a shout.

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Steve,

I am surprised Gerry "ger21" has not chimed in yet, give him a shout.

Jeff...
    Thanks.. I just pm'ed him...
    S.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Back to square one...ger21 has no time to do it.... anyone ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you not just use a probe to center of an external boss. X+ X- move to center of X then Y+Y- move to center of Y. That will put you in the center of the part. It can ALL be done in Gcode. No macro needed.

(;-) TP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I already use the corner finder script from the screenset.. I just need someone to modify it so it learns the 4 corners, then calculates the center of the square piece... All that because sometimes the pieces is not totally square and not always equal lenght and width... I need this because the machining job requires I flip the piece up side down and continue machining... because of that I always need to be in the center of the piece even when it is not perfectly cut to start with...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

5-axis Kuka robot with water jet cutter for tool and using MasterCAM/RobotMaster to program. Works well to cut steel, aluminum, and armor materials.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think it will do as you want it to but hey go for it. Normally if you do a 2 sided part you machine references into the first side that sets the exact Point of Origin for the second side

Good Luck

(;-) TP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I ended up learning gcode and vbscript commands for mach3 and wrote the modification myself...
    Cheers.