Need Help! Confused!!! What the Heck is Going on with My Router!!!!

Thread: Confused!!! What the Heck is Going on with My Router!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Confused!!! What the Heck is Going on with My Router!!!!

Hey Guys;
    To say my machine is a little tired is an understatement. I'm collecting parts for a total rebuild but it's not going to happen right now!! My machine is homemade and uses homemade trucks (bearing type), ball screws and geckos (old 320's). Initially I started cutting a photo v-carve picture and my x axis faulted and basically ruined my job. After checking all the connections and re-tuning (???) the drive I flipped the now scrap piece of wood and tried again (just to test my repair). After another failed attempt, I replaced the drive and thought I was gold.
    FYI, the file I'm running is about 850K lines of code and the run time is estimated in excess of 15 hours. This last time when I tried to run the file, it ran about 12 hours and then tripped the x axis limit switch. The problem I'm running into is that the drivers didn't fault and the spindle was way over to the right of the machine. I was about 12 hours into the cut when the fault occurred.
    Even after years of screwing up many many different cuts, I have never seen a cut go wrong like this. The machine appears to be fine but the error that happened just doesn't make sense to me. I'll attach a picture of the cut and hope that someone has seen this before.
    My thought are that maybe the little atom computer I'm using for control of Mach 3 for some reason "lost it's mind (only 2 gig of memory)". I glanced through the code and all appears to be OK and Mach didn't report an error. Any help or thought will be appreciated.
    Regarding the attached pix, the vertical lines are from the x axis problems and should be not considered for this latest problem. The diagonal lines above the pix are what happened (note the weird spacing)
    Also, the cuts in the upper corner were already there on the scrap and should be disregarded.
    Wow, I love this hobby!
    Bill