Lee Davis XBOX 360 Plugin Problem

Thread: Lee Davis XBOX 360 Plugin Problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lee Davis XBOX 360 Plugin Problem

I'm having a strange problem with the Lee Davis XBOX 360 Controller plugin for Mach3.
    I'm using an official Xbox 360 wireless controller and an official Xbox 360 PC Adapter for Windows.
    I have programmed the Xbox joystick controls for XYZ movements and programmed many of the buttons for things like Auto-Zero, Home Reference, Reset, Park, Tool Change, etc.
    All of the controls on the controller work fine when I start up Mach3, until I drive into a limit switch. After I hit a limit switch (and manually reset Mach3 using the RESET button on the computer screen), all of the programmed buttons no longer work, except for the XYZ joysticks and the left and right trigger controls (for XY & Z speed control).
    I tried manually tripping the limit switches, but this did not cause the buttons to stop working (and I could use the Xbox controller to reset Mach3). It's only when I DRIVE into a limit switch that the problem occurs and the buttons go completely dead.
    Once I run into a limit switch, the controller buttons will no longer work and the only way to get them working again is to restart Mach3. Restarting Mach3 is easy enough to do, but if you are in the middle of a CNC job you will lose all your references!
    I am using the '2010 Screenset', so I tried switching from that to the Mach3 standard screenset, but that did not change the problem.

There is one other odd behavior I'm seeing, this is within the Xbox Config screen. There are 2 fields that need to be filled in with the Vendor ID (VID) and the Product ID (PID). I checked my computer system driver and found that the codes for the Xbox Controller were VID = 45E and PID = 719. I entered these 2 values into the Xbox config screen, exited the config screen, saved the configuration file and restarted Mach3. However, when I opened the config screen again, the PID was no longer set to 719. Instead, it showed "2A1". I tried several times, but the value would not stay as 719. So I went directly to my configuration file "TunesmithMill.xml" and used a text editor to change the PID value to 719. Then I changed the file to 'read-only'. But when I opened the Xbox config screen in Mach3, the value is still 2A1.

I've run out of ideas to try.......has anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks,
    Tunesmith

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tunesmith View Post
    I'm having a strange problem with the Lee Davis XBOX 360 Controller plugin for Mach3.
    I'm using an official Xbox 360 wireless controller and an official Xbox 360 PC Adapter for Windows.
    I have programmed the Xbox joystick controls for XYZ movements and programmed many of the buttons for things like Auto-Zero, Home Reference, Reset, Park, Tool Change, etc.
    All of the controls on the controller work fine when I start up Mach3, until I drive into a limit switch. After I hit a limit switch (and manually reset Mach3 using the RESET button on the computer screen), all of the programmed buttons no longer work, except for the XYZ joysticks and the left and right trigger controls (for XY & Z speed control).
    I tried manually tripping the limit switches, but this did not cause the buttons to stop working (and I could use the Xbox controller to reset Mach3). It's only when I DRIVE into a limit switch that the problem occurs and the buttons go completely dead.
    Once I run into a limit switch, the controller buttons will no longer work and the only way to get them working again is to restart Mach3. Restarting Mach3 is easy enough to do, but if you are in the middle of a CNC job you will lose all your references!
    I am using the '2010 Screenset', so I tried switching from that to the Mach3 standard screenset, but that did not change the problem.

There is one other odd behavior I'm seeing, this is within the Xbox Config screen. There are 2 fields that need to be filled in with the Vendor ID (VID) and the Product ID (PID). I checked my computer system driver and found that the codes for the Xbox Controller were VID = 45E and PID = 719. I entered these 2 values into the Xbox config screen, exited the config screen, saved the configuration file and restarted Mach3. However, when I opened the config screen again, the PID was no longer set to 719. Instead, it showed "2A1". I tried several times, but the value would not stay as 719. So I went directly to my configuration file "TunesmithMill.xml" and used a text editor to change the PID value to 719. Then I changed the file to 'read-only'. But when I opened the Xbox config screen in Mach3, the value is still 2A1.

I've run out of ideas to try.......has anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks,
    Tunesmith
    hello , i have the same problem, did you find the solution? thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello , i have the same problem, did you find the solution? thanks