Need Help! Mach3 Getting Stuck Running Code

Thread: Mach3 Getting Stuck Running Code

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Mach3 Getting Stuck Running Code

Hi All,

I posted on the Mach3 forums but posting here for visibility.

I recently got a dell 780 running Windows 7 32bit to use as a machine controller. Downloaded mach3 and got it running without a machine to do a dry run and prove i could get g-code to run. Things ran great. So afterwards i reformatted windows for a fresh machine, bought a license, and re-installed mach3. Now I can't run a code or even Jog. When i try to run the same G-code i was successful running on the dry run it stops at the G19 command, and also sometimes I'll get the 'radius to end of arc differs from radius to start' error on that line. If i let it sit, it will eventually move on, but get stuck on the next line, and the next and the next... I'm running the default mill .xml and i've tried downloading the G540 fresh .xml from the gecko sight as well. I've tried everything i could find on forums, such as:

1. Changing the IJ mode to absolute.
    2. Changing the arc radius setting in fusion360 post processor.
    3. Reformatting windows again, and again.
    4. Trying different versions of the mach3 software.
    5. Verifying the driver test runs successfully.
    6. Running Mach3 when it is literally the only software on the machine.
    7. Read the manuals.

As for even getting it to jog, I've tried:

1. Making sure the Jog LED is illuminated.
    2. Making sure the MPG is set to continuous.

I just can't get it to work. To make matters more frustrating my mill arrives today in the mail. Is there anything i could possibly try from here? I literally had it working just the other day.

On a side note, what are my other options for software if I'm running a G540 off a parallel port?

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Getting Stuck Running Code

You're doing too many things at once.

First thing you should do is get jogging working, as there's not much too it.
    Be aware that you can only jog on screens that have a Jog On/Off button on them.
    If you have the motors enabled, and the reset is not flashing, you should be able to jog.

Make sure that the feedrate is not 0, and that the feedrate override is not zero as well.

Once you get jogging working, then move on to the g-code.
    sometimes I'll get the 'radius to end of arc differs from radius to start' error on that line.
    If you see this, then your code will not run. It's either the wrong IJ mode, or the code is bad.
    Note than virtually all CAM software uses incremental IJ, so changing it to absolute is not typically the right thing to do.

You say it gets stuck on the G19 command. Does that mean it's working up to that point? Are there any messages?

Reformatting the PC, reinstalling windows, changing Mach3 versions, .... will not fix the issue.

On a side note, what are my other options for software if I'm running a G540 off a parallel port?
    If you want to use the parallel port, you're options are Mach3, or LinuxCNC.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)