Adding a camera to mach3

Thread: Adding a camera to mach3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Adding a camera to mach3

Heya!

Im struggling to get a good repeatability on multiple parts and i want to add a camera with crosshairs to help align parts precisely. I just need nudging in the right direction on how to get mach to move the X/Y axis to compensate for the camera position after i press the zero buttons on the interface.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Re: Adding a camera to mach3

PLSUK,

1: Goto Config and click "Config Plugins"

2: Goto WebCamPluginV3-Version-3.05 "Config"

3: Set the Camera offsets as desired

See attached images 1, 2, and 3

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by PLSUK View Post
    Heya!

Im struggling to get a good repeatability on multiple parts and i want to add a camera with crosshairs to help align parts precisely. I just need nudging in the right direction on how to get mach to move the X/Y axis to compensate for the camera position after i press the zero buttons on the interface.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adding a camera to mach3-1-jpg   Adding a camera to mach3-2-jpg   Adding a camera to mach3-3-jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Adding a camera to mach3

You sir are a star! thank you so much! i was away and have only just seen this. Please don't think my lack of response is rude!

Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads

I see that this is an old one but I'd like to ask a related question. I have set up a usb "endoscope" camera and it works perfectly with one exception. Since it is fixed directly to my router motor, I'd like to run the cable though my entire energy chain with all the other cables. The problem is that because of the length of cable needed, the setup exceeds the normal usb limits. I have tried 2 different "amplified" cables that are long enough to make the trip but the camera will not work or be recognized by windows 7. To double check, I hook up a short cable from the camera to the computer and it always works perfectly. Its a great way to find even the smallest reference points and zero, but its a hassle to plug in the camera to accomplish the task and deisconnect before running a toolpath. Might anyone have experiance with a better long cable usb extension device? Since we're talking such a short distance (as the crow flies) could I use bluetooth or some other wireless method?

Downloads
    Uploads

Try different cables until you find one that works. In the past I have used a 10-meter USB extention cable with a 1.3Mp webcam without any troubles. I believe the cable was from RadioShack, not sure.