Need Help! Ethernet Smoothstepper not working

Thread: Ethernet Smoothstepper not working

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ethernet Smoothstepper not working

I am trying to get my cncrouterparts machine running using the ethernet smoothstepper.

The machine was running fine on an old computer with a printer port going to a gecko g540. Then the computer died so I installed the ESS in a different old computer (p4 xp) without a compatible printer port and installed mach3 as I had on the old computer. I installed the plugin and all the settings step by step using cncrouterparts guide.

The ESS leds show it is in wakeup mode until I start mach3. Then the leds show top green on, bottom green flashing around 5 flashes per second constantly. The bottom red led is on too. I could not find any info on the red leds in the manual or on the net. orange ethernet led is on, green ethernet led flashing quite a bit so it looks like its doing something.

motors do not power up on the machine. toggling the charge pump switch on the g540 will make the motors power up. Toggling estop input active low allows me to jog in the mach3 software. The only communication I have been able to get is when estop active low is checked green and I click the reset button on mach3, the cnc motors make 2 slight quick noises, like the motors will power up, but they don't.

any ideas of what is going on?

Thank you for any help or ideas, I really need to get this sorted out soon!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ethernet Smoothstepper not working

Just to let anyone know that may have a similar problem. The red LED that was on indicates something is wrong with ESTOP. I swiched out my estop switch to a new one because I knew I had it all set up right and now it works.

Downloads
    Uploads

Valuable info re eStop LED, thanks.

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am using a smooth-stepper to drive my gecko 540 and all is well with that portion. I am trying to control my laser by using spindle PMW for power level but cant seem to get port 2 to turn the laser on and off. It turns on manually OK, but I get no signal out of port 2 pin 17 on the smooth-stepper. Anyone have a suggestion. Thanks, Mike.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.H View Post
    I am using a smooth-stepper to drive my gecko 540 and all is well with that portion. I am trying to control my laser by using spindle PMW for power level but cant seem to get port 2 to turn the laser on and off. It turns on manually OK, but I get no signal out of port 2 pin 17 on the smooth-stepper. Anyone have a suggestion. Thanks, Mike.
    Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same problem with a new setup.
    Scouring the internet and haven't found anything yet.

Port 1 is working fine.
    Laser on Port 2 but nothing's happening