Spindle signal issues from mach3

Thread: Spindle signal issues from mach3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle signal issues from mach3

Hello forum.
    Upon figuring the tool table offsets and applying them, not using g43, thanks guys, I was now set on being able to control my motor from mach3. I read up on it and it seemed very straight forward, BUT, I cannot get my c10 bob to output any signal or voltage change when I turn the spindle on mach3. From what I read on countless manuals and have seen on YouTube, for step/dir control, you just need to enable the spindle, assign the pin for steps and dir, under the spindle tab you enable spindle control with step/dir, then do the motor tuning. I should be getting some signal now out of the c10 from those assigned pins when I turn the spindle on right? Am I missing something?

Also, when I first stated I would set for example 1500 for the spindle amd click the cw f5 button, it would flash and the rpms would show about 1500, a little less. I don't know what I clicked or changed but I don't get any rpm change now, only the light flashing.

Either way, I haven't been able to get any signal from the assigned pins.

Any tips on my issue?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle signal issues from mach3

Are you using an S command or just simply putting the rpm you desire in the DRO?

Give us a screenshot of your spindle setup page in Machs config.

A lazy man does it twice.

Downloads
    Uploads

You will also have to have an rpm value in your spindle pulleys set up.

Did you enter M3 S1000 (or whatever rpm you desire)?

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Both, I would type in the rpm I wanted in the spindle window and hit enter, then hit the cw f5 button. I also would input m3 s1000 for example and the cw f5 light would flash, type in m5, and it would stop.
    At first the rpms would go up and then turn off with the m commands, but then it wouldn't. I'll go get that screen shot.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Attached re screen shots of my settings pages and the screen showing the m3 and m5 commands with rpm set, the spindle cw f5 flashing but no rpm displayed.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

You don't have a direction pin set for the spindle in ports and pins.
    Hoss

Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- [URL]http://www.g0704.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The dir pin would run the enable relay on the c6 board, step would control the speed of the spindle. I had both enabled when I started, pin 8 was step, pin 9 was dir, then I have the common wired in as well. Couldn't get signal changes from either pins. I assign pin 8 as my x step and hit the arrows on the key and the voltage goes up like it should, I just can't get any signal when it is assigned for spindle control.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I couldn't figure it out. I decided to just use output controls to enable and disable the spindle with water rpm I set manually. With this progress made, I was able to test out a fixed plate ATC that I will be making.

If anybody can give me any tips to point me in the right direction for rpm/spindle speed control, please post it up.

Just clarify if it was confusing previously, I am not getting any signal changes in the pins assign to the spindle when I input m3s1000 for example.

Thanks

-Alex

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    You don't have a direction pin set for the spindle in ports and pins.
    Hoss
    Hey Hoss..
    Question..
    I am going to buy a C11G BOB.
    So it looks like the C11 board reads the PVM from pin 13 from MACH then creates an analogue voltage to drive the speed control.
    The C11 board has 2 relays that are on off depending on the state of pin 16.
    So here is my question..
    I think a M3 Command would set the dir pin to one state and the M4 would set it to the other. Therefore turning the relays off or on.
    Does that sound reasonable...
    I have an Harbor Freight X2 mill and would like to get fwd rev control maybe do some tapping. I am planning on putting a Hass effect sensor on the spindle to create the index pulse. If I get Mach 3 to read the rpm then a C3 would be unnecessary correct?

Thanks for all of your posts . They help lots..

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk