New Machine Build Wiring mach3 breakout Board BL-Mach-v1.1 D402

Thread: Wiring mach3 breakout Board BL-Mach-v1.1 D402

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Wiring mach3 breakout Board BL-Mach-v1.1 D402

Hello,

im not shure if its the right subforum, but im new here and found nothing more better fitting.
    i want to build my first CNC now and got the Mach3 interface board BL-Mach-v1.1 D402 (the green 5 axis breakout board by sainsmart)
    I found some documents on the net, but they dont explain me exact how to wire it to my microstep driver (M542) or i dont understand it yet.

there are 4 pins for each axis on the breakout board (+5V // CLK // CW //EN)
    and 6 inputs on the microstep driver (PUL+ (+5V) // PUL- (PUL) // DIR+ (+5V) // DIR- // ENA+(+5V) // ENA- (ENA) )
    how they are connected?

Picture from both; IMG_20140715_134751.jpg - directupload.net

it would be great if someone could help me.
    (and if its the wrong froum, please excuse me and maybe you are able to move the thread)

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
    CNDaniel

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring mach3 breakout Board BL-Mach-v1.1 D402

+5v bob goes to +pul, +dir , +ena driver

-clk bob goes to -pul driver
    -cw bob goes to -dir driver
    -en bob goes to -ena driver

Did you get a cd with the bob ? it should show wiring and motor setup (both wiring and software settings)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cgo View Post
    +5v bob goes to +pul, +dir , +ena driver

-clk bob goes to -pul driver
    -cw bob goes to -dir driver
    -en bob goes to -ena driver

Did you get a cd with the bob ? it should show wiring and motor setup (both wiring and software settings)

Hello cgo,

thanks for your reply, i will test it tomorrow.
    no, unfortunatly i dont get any manuals. Neither with the bob nor with the microstep driver.
    i found that on the internet: http://wiki.midsouthmakers.org/image...axisManual.pdf

that manual shows the right board, but the explenation to the pins is very short - too short. not much more information than on the board itself i believe.
    There is also the question if there is a difference between the white 4-pin connectors and the green screw terminals.
    Is there any?

Greetings,
    Daniel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It does not look any different, it says common anode at the bottom of page 2 and the white connectors are screen printed with one pin as +5volt.

Jumping ahead a little:
    The pdf file gives you all the settings you would need for mach although it looks like it was written for there machine or kit.

You can skip the "ports & pins/input signals" page if you dont have anything hooked up for estop, limit switches to test the motors, otherwise you will have to have either the switches or a jumper(s) hooked in. Also the spindle settings dont need to be set either while testing the steppers (probably would need setup to match what your using anyway).

The important setting on the "motor tuning" page is the step pulse 2, direction pulse 3, it should run the motors with everything else at default if you just want to test the steppers.
    Also in mach be sure to save each page you change in setup and then restart mach when finished.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

thanks for your help, my setup works fine !
    the only question left is how the 4th and 5th axis is setup in Mach3, i dont know the ports & pins setting.
    (the screenshot in the manual ends after the 3rd axis)
    is there any system, how i can find out the pins by myself without manual or is there any other source on the net or its just try&error ?
    do you know the answer to this last question ? :-P

thanks in advance
    Daniel

edit: i havnt tested my settings yet, because im afraid if anything would take damage.
    i chose the next following acceptable I/O Ports (the Mach3 window told me what ports are free)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A = step 8 | A= dir 9
    B= enabled | B step 16 | B dir 17 | step port 1 | dir port 1

Ports and pins, page 3, picture 2 on the pdf , although they show B disabled in there picture since its not used on that machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

im having the same trouble, how did you fix it, im using kl8056D drivers