Wireless Pendant Won't Connect

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Pendant Won't Connect

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wireless Pendant Won't Connect

I saw another thread discussing the wireless pendants that SaleCNC and others are selling, but no results.

I bought one. Construction / quality seems decent... can't get it to run. I've installed the .dll, enabled the plug in, uninstalled and reinstalled Mach3, pretty much everything I can think of.

The light on the USB stick blinks, and when I turn the pendant on, it flashes the screen twice and turns off. The so-called "manual" says that means it cannot connect to the USB stick, but doesn't offer an suggestions. It makes a vague reference to some sort of software to open, but I don't have that on the CD, and can't find it.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Is there some sort of step I've missed?

I've been messing with the stupid thing on and off for 2 days now. The dealer doesn't really seem to have any solutuions so far, other than read the manual and re-install Mach3.

Thanks,
    Dave

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you do all the following steps?

1. When Mach3 is installed , there will be a folder created named “PlugIns” in the Mach3 folder. This folder is the location to put and Plugin files that you want Mach3 to know about. Place “XHC-ShuttlePro.dll” in the Mach3\PlugIns folder. Check and make sure it is there.
    2. Now that the XHC-ShuttlePro.dll file is in \Mach3\PlugIns, the next step is to connect the ShuttlePro. If you are certain that your ShuttlePro is working and your hardware is working then you can simply plug in the ShuttlePro to one of the USB ports.
    3. Once the ShuttlePro is connected, start Mach3 and go to the “Config” menu
    choice and select “ConfigPlugins”. You should see the ShuttlePro choice with a green checkmark in front of it. If it is not checked, you can check it. The
    checkmark means that Mach3 found the ShuttlePro on startup. Click the “CONFIG” in yellow and set the buttons as you wish.
    4. Once you have the proper button selected in the Mach3 ShuttlePro Plugin
    CONFIG menu, your Shuttle device should be working properly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks! Unfortunately, I've done all of that. Green checkmark and all. Mach3 seems to see it, I can get into the config screen, but it seems there is no communication between the USB thing and the handheld unit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default xhc-nc01 problems

I'm also having a similar problem. I purchased the XHC wireless pendent for use on my cnc plasma and cannot get it to connect. I Installed the plugin "which I had to download from from pc4cnc.com which by the way is not where I purchased the unit from. I configured the plugin and nothing happens. There are two half size cd's that cam with it. That according to the instructions are supposed to have the driver software. But one of the disks the file on it is unreadable and the software on the second disk seems useless it is called easy-wifihandle v2.0 . when this is running in the back ground and I start Mach3 the display on the pendant will flash a few times but I still have no control. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

sick minds demand sick toys!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would contact seller to have controller checked. I am sure they would have some sort of return/replacement policy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rather old thread... I'd HOPE that you've figured it out by now, but....

I just bought one also (few days ago anyhow) and had the same problem you described.
    Cam up with a simple fix - make sure the dongle is plugged directly onto the PC (well, through no more than an extension cable anyhow) - not through a USB hub, powered or not.

I got everything looking right, Mach detecting, etc.... it just wouldn't work!
    Moved it onto a direct PC port, changed nothing, and it just started working.

Who'da thunk it!

Downloads
    Uploads

I can use mine without a hassle BUT what i found is i cannot go into fine mode when jogging so when i want to zero i can move it 0.01 of a mill.

Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

it moving the smallest step as much your motor can step..

useto be 0.0125..

i have 10, 10, and on Z 5 mm lead on screws

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah my resolution is 0.01mm
    I should get that with fine jog but the pendant seems to be the possible problem

Downloads
    Uploads

I found out today how to change.my step setting to 0.001 and was 0.00625

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am thinking about buying one of these MPGs. Would you recommend it or should I steer clear?

Thanks,

Dave.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dsnaith View Post
    I am thinking about buying one of these MPGs. Would you recommend it or should I steer clear?

Thanks,

Dave.
    My original one wouldn't connect, but they replaced it... new one works just fine. For the price, no complaints... we use it daily. I love that it's wireless.

The jog is a little sensitive, it takes some getting used to - new operators tend to be a bit jerky with it at first.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

I can whole heartedly recommend the pendant. I can't work without it. glad I have it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool. Thanks for the advice guys.

Dave.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My MPG arrived from China a couple of weeks ago. I finally got around to setting it up over the weekend and I am pleased to report that it works beautifully! I am very impressed and already wondering how I got by without it. Thanks again for the advice.

Dave.

Downloads
    Uploads

If i think about it there is NO way i could work without it. I was doing some precision (what else is there) machining and MAN i used it a LOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnaith View Post
    My MPG arrived from China a couple of weeks ago. I finally got around to setting it up over the weekend and I am pleased to report that it works beautifully! I am very impressed and already wondering how I got by without it. Thanks again for the advice.

Dave.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had one and it "worked" for a few weeks but every couple times I tried using it it would not "turn on". Worked fine for another few weeks and then out of the blue it stopped. Would not connect at all. Tried 6 different USB ports and it did no matter if it was on a hub or directly on the PC. I have since sent it back and bought a ShuttleXpress (for 1/3 the cost) and I like it ALLOT more. I love the outer ring where it speeds up and slows down the axis depending on how far you turn it. The small spin wheel is the best for small movements. Visit Tormach's site to see what they have setup. I just bought it off a Camera/Photo company online.

I would not recommend the wireless MPG.

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe one can have issues with anything. I have had no issues with the MPG. HOWEVER i have noted that sometimes i move it and nothing happens but what i have found is that just be sure that the cnc software i.e. NCStudio is the active window - which is not necessarily the top window. SO what i found works is to click in the window OR do a manual jog WITH the MOUSE then the MPG has no issues. Touch wood no problems thus far.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi;
    can someone please post the link to the download of the .dll file for this device?.The same thing happened to me and I cant find the download in Pc4cnc,
    thanks in advance
    Mariano

Downloads
    Uploads

rasta

the pc4cnc site has a 6 axis pendant.. some plugin, iguess what you looking for downloadable free..

whoever you bougth your pendant they give you free the dll for..

================================================== =====

shearder

sometime when youre behiind the machine and machine between the computer and remote then can happen very rarely it doesnt sensing signal...
    but moving out a few feet it works again..

im very ok with and for me works well.. ot setting up, touching wood, or finding center in a hole very great..

sometime i just use to watch parts of a work so i can stop if something i dont like..
    after pause and forced stop i can change depth and continue where it was stopped..

happened one times power oputage and ncstudio remembered for the last position.. so i could continue it..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast