Xbox controller install on Mach3 - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xbox controller install on Mach3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you explain why a Macro would be useful in Mach? I noticed the ability to set custom macros but I would like to know how one might apply here. I am assuming you are using it to zero a fixture location, correct?

Thanks,
    Rick

Last edited by rickylee; 02-04-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rickylee View Post
    Can you explain why a Macro would be useful in Mach? I noticed the ability to set custom macros but I would like to know how one might apply here.

Thanks,
    Rick

On my xbox controller i use the back and start button to call up macros for Laser X,Y Zeroing and Z Zeroing.

I use a crosshair laser to set my home location and pressing the back button starts the macro that puts the router bit in the center of the laser crosshair.

I also have a Z Zero plate and that macro is started by pressing the start button,

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you explain what you use for a zero plate and how it applies? I would like to make something like this to aide in setting up.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Lurker View Post
    A problem was noted on the Mach Support forum about the MadCatz controller and they got it working after installing that DirectX (after Lee suggested to do so).

However, it didn't say if their system was Windows 7 or XP.

I'll pm you that thread for you to check out.
    Wanted to let you know that I purchased a "real" XBox controller and now everything works fine. I have it setup as my pendant now....makes it much easier to move the machine around!

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

hi all i use a game-stop xbox 360 controller and is working fine

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xbox controller install on Mach3-game-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Crap. I cant get my controller to work on either PC I have Mach loaded on. it is the demo version for now, should that matter?

I have the plugin installed, enabled etc.

I have the DirectX update.

I have verified the controller is working in the control panel.

but Mach doesnt jog with it, am I missing a step to enable its use? I can jog with the onscreen icons, but I get NO motor movement or digital coordinate change when I move the controller.

Any ideas?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I modified an Original Xbox controller to work on usb (just simple soldering to a usb cable). The drivers for it are unofficial, and require you to have Driver Signature Enforcement turned off or else the drivers will not work due to lack of driver signature (the developers do not want to have to pay money to get them signed). I opened up Mach3 Demo, couldn't see the xbox controller. (not a problem since i use EMC2 for my manufacturing needs). maybe in the full Mach3 version it could work. Used controller: $15 + $2 usb cable + 10min of your time.

A machine is only as accurate as the tools used to build it. "CNC = Computer Numeric Control - or on some days - CNC = Can Not Control" Imagineering

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kauaicuda View Post
    Crap. I cant get my controller to work on either PC I have Mach loaded on. it is the demo version for now, should that matter?

I have the plugin installed, enabled etc.

I have the DirectX update.

I have verified the controller is working in the control panel.

but Mach doesnt jog with it, am I missing a step to enable its use? I can jog with the onscreen icons, but I get NO motor movement or digital coordinate change when I move the controller.

Any ideas?
    Did you setup the controller plugin in mach3? when you start mach 3 does it say "Xbox controller detected" in the lower part of the screen?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It doesnt say 'xbox controller detected'.
    But, the plugin is there, I checked it to green, I've pulled up the configuration screen with the picture of the controller.

No message about 'xbox controller' though.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Victory is mine. I was using an aftermarket Xbox controller that I borrowed from a friend. Bought a Microsoft one, works fine. lesson learned.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

I've got an Xbox controller working fine in Mach but my question is
    How do I assign a button on the hand controller to bring up the MPG so I don't have to
    push the TAB key on the keyboard ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a XBox 360 USB running with Mach3 and am having a strange issue. When a cut file is not running and Reset has not been pressed, sometimes either the Y axis or the Z axis will begin to 'creep' very slowly. Always in the same direction, negative movement on Y and negative movement on Z. It never seems to be both axis at once, only one. Just touching the axis stick for the creeping axis will stop the movement so it appears to be mechanical in nature. Is there some sort of 'centering' adjustment for these to make sure it stays in center when not in use?

At first, I thought it might be some sort of electrical interference but rerouting the USB cable away from any other cables did not seem to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Don

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by atwooddon View Post
    I have a XBox 360 USB running with Mach3 and am having a strange issue. When a cut file is not running and Reset has not been pressed, sometimes either the Y axis or the Z axis will begin to 'creep' very slowly. Always in the same direction, negative movement on Y and negative movement on Z. It never seems to be both axis at once, only one. Just touching the axis stick for the creeping axis will stop the movement so it appears to be mechanical in nature. Is there some sort of 'centering' adjustment for these to make sure it stays in center when not in use?

At first, I thought it might be some sort of electrical interference but rerouting the USB cable away from any other cables did not seem to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Don
    i dont have an answer but i noticed in windows control panel you can calibrate your xbox controller. perhaps thats the issue? otherwise could be bad joystick?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

As it turns out, the problem was the Xbox controller. A new one solved the problem.

Don

Downloads
    Uploads

Another happy customer here. I purchased an aftermarket controller on ebay: Black Wired USB Game Pad Controller For MICROSOFT Xbox 360&Slim PC Windows 7 New | eBay
    Works great!

>>-HuntinDoug->

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by XYZ_dude View Post
    i dont have an answer but i noticed in windows control panel you can calibrate your xbox controller. perhaps thats the issue? otherwise could be bad joystick?
    I'm not having any problems at the moment, but that could be handy...except I don't see anything Xbox related on the 'All Control Panel Items' screen. (I'm using Windows 7.)
    Is it embedded in something else?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone know why my big grey X button keeps blinking and never just stays lit as 1st player? its a wired controller

I have a Xbox 360 project I created here:
    KRMx02 XBox360 Upgrade

It includes a link to the most recent drivers, as well as step by step instructions.

Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I'm using a macro in Mach3 to make the zero of the Z axis. I've assigned this macro to a button on my Xbox controller, and it's working very.

But, in that macro, a message box appear to ask a question to the operator. When the operator is ready, he must click the "Ok" button to continu.

So, my question is how to set a button on the Xbox controller to send the "Ok" button to the system ??

Thanks,

Yves

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast