Xbox controller install on Mach3 - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xbox controller install on Mach3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad you got your problem fixed. Those darn problems sometimes can drive you crazy.

If you want to pursue error messages you were getting, you might try:
    http://www.machsupport.com/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zeeway View Post
    If you want to pursue error messages you were getting, you might try: http://www.machsupport.com/
    I guess I was thinking of some kind of Mach 3 Macro Tutorial. Do you know if something like that exists?

-gnuB

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry gnuB, I don't know of a tutorial on Mach3 macros.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zeeway View Post
    Installing an Xbox360 controller as a pendant controller for my CNC router was actually easier than I thought it would be. That’s because Lee Davis has written an awesome plug-in for Mach3. Thanks, Lee.

Here were my steps:

1. Buy new, USB wired Xbox 360 controller from Ebay ($25 delivered).
    2. Go to the machsoft website, download section at ArtSoft USA - Plugins, scroll down…and download the plugin and guide for the Xbox 360 controller.
    3. Read the guide document you just downloaded. It will direct you to the Microsoft site to download the driver for the Xbox: Xbox 360_32End.exe. After you have downloaded the file, click on it to execute the file.
    4. Now plug in the Xbox controller to a USB port on your computer. Your computer should pop up a couple of messages indicating it has recognized a USB device. It should also light up one quadrant of the Xbox button (big one, center of top with an "x" on it), showing all is well.
    5. Start Mach3, and click on Config/Config Plugins. You should see a line for Xbox 360. Click on the red “x” beside the Xbox 360 to turn it into a green check mark. Then click on the yellow highlighted “CONFIG” in the same line. (If you do not see this plugin, go back to where you saved the downloaded plugin file, and click on it).
    6. You will now see a picture of an Xbox controller with drop down boxes for each button showing your choices. Click on each choice. Here are the choices I made:
    Attachment 103247

I bought a Microsoft wired XBOX 360 Controller and did everything right as far as I can tell. I am now able to jog my X, Y, Z perfectly with this controller which is awesome. My problem is that I didn't get the pop-up to assign/re-map the controller buttons. I'm assuming there is another way to get to the XBOX 360 configuration screen, but I can't find it.

Any help on how to get to the controller screen would be much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xbox controller install on Mach3-xbox360_1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

click on the word config next to the xbox controller in the screen shown

...He who makes no mistakes makes nothing! ...
    Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tpworks View Post
    click on the word config next to the xbox controller in the screen shown
    Haha, it was on the same screen, can't believe I missed it.

I don't have any macros set, I'll set those once the machine is put together, but this is a pretty cool and affordable addition to my machine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xbox controller install on Mach3-xbox360_2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Windows 2000

This controller will definately NOT work with Windows 2000.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

...however, it does work fine with Windows 7...

Angie

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I've got a "MadCatz" Xbox 360 controller......

Hi Folks,

My Windows 7 sees the controller as an Xbox 360 controller but identifies it as a "Madcatz" which it is. Mach3 has the plugin installed but when I start it it says it doesn't detect a controller.

Do I need to get the Vendor ID to Lee Davis or is there some other solution....other than "go buy a Microsoft unit"? It is fully licensed by Microsoft by the way so the mofia protection money was paid.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mlabruyere View Post
    Hi Folks,

My Windows 7 sees the controller as an Xbox 360 controller but identifies it as a "Madcatz" which it is. Mach3 has the plugin installed but when I start it it says it doesn't detect a controller.

Do I need to get the Vendor ID to Lee Davis or is there some other solution....other than "go buy a Microsoft unit"? It is fully licensed by Microsoft by the way so the mofia protection money was paid.....

Did you download and install DirectX? (quote below from plugin site):

Requires XINPUT1_3.DLL to function (can be downloaded from Microsoft as part of a DirectX redistributables package)

If not connected to the internet, requires XBox360_32Eng.exe driver file

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Folks,

Why would you think a madcatz controller is the same as the original genuine Mircrosoft Xbox360 controller? Your solution is buy a real Microsoft wireless or wired xbox360 controller for windows, OR,

use the other plugin for joysticks/gamepads, doesnt work as well as the 360 one but should work with any joystick/gamepad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Lurker View Post
    Did you download and install DirectX? (quote below from plugin site):
    Hi Paulo, yes but the one listed states it's incompatible with Windows 7 and it directs you to the Microsoft site for the Windows 7 version (has the same name just updated to a later version I would guess).

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Phife View Post
    Why would you think a madcatz controller is the same as the original genuine Mircrosoft Xbox360 controller? Your solution is buy a real Microsoft wireless or wired xbox360 controller for windows, OR,

use the other plugin for joysticks/gamepads, doesnt work as well as the 360 one but should work with any joystick/gamepad.
    I don't know Phife....maybe because it is licensed by Microsoft and Windows 7 sees it as a "genuine" Microsoft Xbox 360 controller?

It's not a big deal since I had this one already.....just "borrowed" it from the kids.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Paulo, yes but the one listed states it's incompatible with Windows 7 and it directs you to the Microsoft site for the Windows 7 version (has the same name just updated to a later version I would guess).
    A problem was noted on the Mach Support forum about the MadCatz controller and they got it working after installing that DirectX (after Lee suggested to do so).

However, it didn't say if their system was Windows 7 or XP.

I'll pm you that thread for you to check out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Lurker View Post
    A problem was noted on the Mach Support forum about the MadCatz controller and they got it working after installing that DirectX (after Lee suggested to do so).

However, it didn't say if their system was Windows 7 or XP.

I'll pm you that thread for you to check out.
    Thanks! I tried searching their forums but I couldn't nail down my issue, thanks for finding it!

Let me try the DirectX install again...I think Mach was running at the time that I installed it....maybe a DLL was locked.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't get xbox controller to work with W7. I get bad dll file errors when starting Mach. Any ideas?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My setup works with Windows 7...so it is possible. Make sure you go to the microsoft.com to download the latest version Windows 7 version of the Xbox plugin. If that doesn't work, go back to microsoft.com, and download DirectX as well.

Good luck.

Angie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I went to MS and installed the latest DirectX (June2010) and The latest drivers for the Xbox 360 controller, then downloaded the controller plugin and verified the DLL file was in the plugins folder of Mach. Still no go. There is no option in the plugin screen of Mach.........what am I screwing up?

I should add that I did get an error stating that when installing W7 there was an issue with compatibility and the site direct me to another install site. But then it installed and rebooted with no issues. Plugin control still shows only a "video Window" option.

Last edited by rickylee; 02-04-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe I need a different Dll file as the one I am using might be corrupt. Not sure but just a thought.

Never mind, I got it to work by enabling the plugin. Sorry, I am really new at this and continually learning. Now I just have to figure out how to personalize the controls.

Last edited by rickylee; 02-04-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to hear you got it running. Sometimes those install problems can drive you batty - I have been there a number of times.

Personalizing the controls is something that you can do over time - that is, you don't have to do it all at once. My advice is to start using the controller "as is" for a while. The original set of commands is pretty good, but as you use your controller you will get a feel for changes you would like to make.

Angie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast