Need Help! Straight Torch Trigger Wiring with Relay (MK 3 Mach 3 Motion Card) (Mach 3 Software)

Thread: Straight Torch Trigger Wiring with Relay (MK 3 Mach 3 Motion Card) (Mach 3 Software)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Straight Torch Trigger Wiring with Relay (MK 3 Mach 3 Motion Card) (Mach 3 Software)

Hi Everyone,

I'll start by giving a little background on my CNC plasma table. I had the table built by a guy out of London Ontario. He had my plasma machine and my money and I was dealing with him back and forth for over 2 years with nothing really to show for it. Without getting into too much detail, the guy wasn't very honest he and I had to go there and basically take my equipment including what he had built so far on the table. The table was incomplete and I have gotten it to the point where everything works except for the torch trigger hook up and my Proma THC. I have attempted to wire everything the best I can, but need some assistance as I can not get the torch trigger to fire when I am running a file.
    Here is some info on the table and software I'm using:
    • 4×8 table
    • Longevity Forcecut 42i plasma cutter with straight torch
    • XHC MK 3 Mach 3 Motion Card
    • Mach 3 Software & Sheetcam Software
    • Proma THC

I have attached some pictures in a pdf document (The file size for the pictures were too big so had to shrink them in a pdf so it would upload) to show how I have everything wired so far and to show my ports and pins. I'm not sure if the issue is with the wiring or the ports and pins or a mixture of both. If someone would be able to give me some help and a little guidance I would really appreciate it. I know I am very close and can't wait to get it all working properly. If you need any more info or pics let me know. Thanks again in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Straight Torch Trigger Wiring with Relay (MK 3 Mach 3 Motion Card) (Mach 3 Softwa

AFT232, Did you get anywhere with this problem? I am having similar problems with my setup and I feel it's with wiring the Proma THC-SD. When the GCode file gets to the torch firing it turns on the torch for .5 second (with no arc, air only) and then my CNC Arduino UNO/breakout board disconnect from the PC. I've narrowed it down to the Proma THC-SD and the Relay switches.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Straight Torch Trigger Wiring with Relay (MK 3 Mach 3 Motion Card) (Mach 3 Softwa

I haven't gotten anywhere further with this yet. I know for sure I have a problem with the the torch wiring and the ports and pins for the torch. You may be right I could also have a problem with the wiring of the Proma THC as well. I haven't been able to find any answers online either regarding this.

-If anyone would be able to help, maybe share some pics of there wiring set up, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AuMogul View Post
    AFT232, Did you get anywhere with this problem? I am having similar problems with my setup and I feel it's with wiring the Proma THC-SD. When the GCode file gets to the torch firing it turns on the torch for .5 second (with no arc, air only) and then my CNC Arduino UNO/breakout board disconnect from the PC. I've narrowed it down to the Proma THC-SD and the Relay switches.
    That sounds like noise from a HF start torch.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au