M11-M10 issue

Thread: M11-M10 issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default M11-M10 issue

Hi,
    I have added a laser module to my homemade CNC. for some reasons I was ending up using an output to control the laser (rather than using the spindle's PWM output).
    My module is connected to output pin 14 on my board (novusum nvcm6v2.1). the output is defined as OUT6 in Mach3.
    Setting coolant (M7) to out 6 works and controls the laser - so I know this whole setup is functioning.
    HOWEVER,
    If I'm trying to use M11P6 to turn the laser on (instead of coolant control), and M10P6 to switch if off - they does not work.no reaction.
    at 1st I suspected the board but when I'm switching to the Diagnostics tab on Mach and I'm running these commands, I don't see the 'LED' of output 6 changing. further more - it does not work on any output whether I have something connected there or not.
    (I also tried using M11 with movement, i.e. M11P6 G0 X100 since I rad that it is a command that waits (don't remember the precise name of it). the unit moves but it does not turn the laser on.

Questions:
    1. Does M11/M10 needs some special settings to work?
    2. When using these commands, do you see the Leds changing in the diagnostics tab?

thanks,
    Gil

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: M11-M10 issue

M10/M11 macros in Mach3 seem to be a "work in progress", they have never been implemented completely. You should probably just add your own macros containing commands "ActivateSignal(OUTPUT6)" and "DeactivateSignal(OUTPUT6)".

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    M10/M11 macros in Mach3 seem to be a "work in progress", they have never been implemented completely. You should probably just add your own macros containing commands "ActivateSignal(OUTPUT6)" and "DeactivateSignal(OUTPUT6)".
    Thats all I should have in the macro file? one with the active and the second deactive?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gilur View Post
    Thats all I should have in the macro file? one with the active and the second deactive?
    Yes, I believe just those two commands should do it.

Downloads
    Uploads

And if you are using a 3rd party motion controller, it may not support M10/M11.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)