Mach3 Homing to the Machine first then to the work piece

Thread: Mach3 Homing to the Machine first then to the work piece

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 Homing to the Machine first then to the work piece

I have a machine that started doing this last week. I guess someone pushed a button some how. When starting, it homes everything to the machine first then it lowers the Z to the safe Z height and then moves to the work piece 0,0 to start. In 8 years this machine has never done this. Doesn't matter if it is a new G code or old G code file so it is a setting in Mach3, I just can't figure it out. Does anyone know where to turn this off so it just goes to the work piece and not the machine zero?

I've compared it to another machine and haven't found what is different.

Thanks,
    James

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Homing to the Machine first then to the work piece

Quote Originally Posted by james70818 View Post
    I have a machine that started doing this last week. I guess someone pushed a button some how. When starting, it homes everything to the machine first then it lowers the Z to the safe Z height and then moves to the work piece 0,0 to start. In 8 years this machine has never done this. Doesn't matter if it is a new G code or old G code file so it is a setting in Mach3, I just can't figure it out. Does anyone know where to turn this off so it just goes to the work piece and not the machine zero?

I've compared it to another machine and haven't found what is different.

Thanks,
    James
    Have there been changes to which CAM program is used to post the G code?
    You may now have the line G28 G91 Z0. at the top of the code. This is the line that will home and then take Z to 0. It has it in my cides from Autodesk.

I edit mine deleting G28 G91 putting something like G0 Z30. instead (my safe Z height).

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Homing to the Machine first then to the work piece

No changes have been made to the post processor. It does this on old files that I have been running for years. I can take that same G code file and move it to another machine an it acts normal. It is only on this one machine that it is homing to the machine.