Issues all around

Thread: Issues all around

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issues all around

So forever I have been trying to get my cnc machine working. I am using mach 3. I have tried setting up the spped of the movement of the access of anywhere between 800 and 1200mm per minute. I have also made my acceloration between 5 and 10% the speed. When I manually tell the x or the x or the z to move it all seems fine. But when I run a small program with lots of moves the machines has lots of problems and I loose steps and the machine seems to shutter. I am running the steppers at 1/2 step and have the step and dir pulse set at 15 each. I have 3 power supplies,1 for each y and 1 total for the x and z. I also have a seperate 24 volt one for the Break out board, I do notice that the voltage starts to go down on the powere supples as they go on. Any ideas ????

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issues all around

Post some pics of your machine if you can. It will make it easier for guys to help you.
    Is the machine new or just 'new to you'?
    What sort of VFD do you have? Is it in the same enclosure as your other components.
    Is any of your wiring 'screened'?
    Is it a DIY control box?

Have you tried jogging more than one axis at a time? Same problem?

Tried running a program with the VFD OFF? Same problem?