Newbie Z won’t move/cut in program

Thread: Z won’t move/cut in program

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z won’t move/cut in program

Hi all,

As my post states, I’m new to CNC and Mach 3. I purchased a KL-6090 CNC router from a place in the Chicago area. A desktop with 32 bit Windows 7 and Mach 3 (licensed) was included. I’m attempting my first cuts with machine and the Z is not moving when I load the g-code and start. All 3 axis move just fine when I use the keyboard. The test piece was produced in Aspire and saved out as both a Mach 3 .txt file and a Wincnc .tap file with both files netting the same result. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anton

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z won’t move/cut in program

That's odd - usually an axis that will jog from the keyboard will respond to g-code commands. What happens when you give it a command like G01Z2.5F10 in the MDI panel (make sure there's room for that move)? Do you have any soft limits set in Z?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I saw 50 in a soft limits field somewhere, but I don’t even know where to find that info. As for the command, do I enter it just as you typed it above and hit enter? (I’ll move the cutter to the center of the wood and re-zero)

Downloads
    Uploads

Just to follow up on the command, when I executed the command the cutter moved up slowly and stopped at +2.500