Need Help! Mach3 will not clear the reset button

Thread: Mach3 will not clear the reset button

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 will not clear the reset button

i am helping my uncle with his machine, we had unplugged everything to add limit switches. after adding the switches we started Mach3 and could not get the rest button to work. we started to de-bug and after unplugging everything the reset button was still flashing and could not be reset. If you toggle on the "Offline" button it will work and everything look to work but as soon as the Offline is turned off the reset button continues to flash.
    i have uninstalled and reinstalled mach3 and the problem remains. I started to thing i had gone mad so i loaded mach3 on an other machine and there was no problem but my wife want it off her machine.

any ideas on why it continues to flash and will not reset.

Murf

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 will not clear the reset button

Try toggling the Active Low setting on the Reset pin.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you are referring to the mach3 config/pins and ports/ inputs for the estop i can change if and the estop is disabled and stops flasing. if there is another reset pin a little more info would be helpfull

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Nope, that's it.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever figure out what happened? Mine started doing the same thing after swapping drivers and power supplies but that was all unplug and plug back in. I tried adding a digitizing probe and disconnected it and it’s doing what you described. If I **** off estop in ports and pins it allows me to reset but now there is no motion. Was working fine I’m in awe where to look. I’m thinking it must be hardware related but everything looks like it was after going through it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by murfhendry View Post
    i am helping my uncle with his machine, we had unplugged everything to add limit switches. after adding the switches we started Mach3 and could not get the rest button to work. we started to de-bug and after unplugging everything the reset button was still flashing and could not be reset. If you toggle on the "Offline" button it will work and everything look to work but as soon as the Offline is turned off the reset button continues to flash.
    i have uninstalled and reinstalled mach3 and the problem remains. I started to thing i had gone mad so i loaded mach3 on an other machine and there was no problem but my wife want it off her machine.

Murf

Downloads
    Uploads

I should’ve just installed a Mesa board I have here and ran Linux but I was trying to keep it simple by ridding the old parts. Might be easier? I’ve had so many quirks and hang ups with Mach it’s gotten tiring now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uguessedit View Post
    Did you ever figure out what happened? Mine started doing the same thing after swapping drivers and power supplies but that was all unplug and plug back in. I tried adding a digitizing probe and disconnected it and it’s doing what you described. If I **** off estop in ports and pins it allows me to reset but now there is no motion. Was working fine I’m in awe where to look. I’m thinking it must be hardware related but everything looks like it was after going through it all again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by murfhendry View Post

Murf

Have you figure it out sir?im also having trouble with this problem

Downloads
    Uploads

how to solve this problem?i also have this problem...please help me

Downloads
    Uploads

You must configure the E-Stop input in Mach3 settings. If you do not have a physical E-Stop button (and you SHOULD have at least one), you can set the input to "active low" to bypass it.