Its all new to me

Thread: Its all new to me

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Its all new to me

So we have got the MACH3MILL software working with a KL-6590 CNC machine. The motors all work correctly the estop, home and limits all work as expected. So now comes the fun part.

We have purchased a stepper motor, see attached photo, and want to add LATHE capability to the KL-6590.

How do we configure this in MACH3TURN? I want to be able to still use the MACH3MILL spindle to cut, and at the same time I want the stepper motor to be spinning the stock. I do not know how to tell MACH3TURN that the stepper motor turns the stock and the spindle is controlled via the spindle settings in MACH3TURN. I have the spindle set up as I did in MACH3MILL so that shouldn't be a problem. But how do I control the stepper motor?

Basically I want to have the spindle spinning the cutting tool, and the stepper spinning the stock. But I cannot figure out how to do it. Do I need to add another axis to the MACH3TURN GUI?, how do I control the speed of the stepper motor?

I am using the KL-8060 Driver to drive the stepper motor and it is connected to the PINS 16 & 17.

Picture of my breakout board is also included

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Its all new to me-26433-1-jpg   Its all new to me-4axis-jpg