which version with less bugs machturn?

Thread: which version with less bugs machturn?

Default which version with less bugs machturn?

hi,
    i am running a small cnc mill with machturn, the 066 latest version of mach3. mach goofs arround right now a lot, i am wondering whether an older version would do better. i read it somewhere but cannot find it.
    i dont need threading at the moment.

anybody any recommondations?
    thanks,
    michael

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: which version with less bugs machturn?

066 was a bad version. 062 was the lockdown version. It has its issues as well. If you are running a parallel port and Win7, mach3 can drop out and not respond requiring a restart. Don't have internet, Bluetooth or wireless on the machine pc. All can cause random errors that are impossible to troubleshoot. 052 does not seem to do this but i am still testing that theory. 053 updated the parallel port driver and i think that is where the problem lies. I have 037 on one of my lathes and it runs quite well.

thanks for your comment. is the threading fine in version 037? i heard some versions have problems with threading.

Downloads
    Uploads

I find .062 works very fine for me under W7, Dell box.

I use an ESS with the LATEST driver from Warp9, which can use an encoder on the spindle. With the encoder, Mach3 can do excellent threading on large diameters and on steel. The difference with a 512 line encoder is SIGNIFICANT.

Cheers
    Roger

Last edited by RCaffin; 08-26-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fast89 View Post
    066 was a bad version. 062 was the lockdown version. It has its issues as well. If you are running a parallel port and Win7, mach3 can drop out and not respond requiring a restart. Don't have internet, Bluetooth or wireless on the machine pc. All can cause random errors that are impossible to troubleshoot. 052 does not seem to do this but i am still testing that theory. 053 updated the parallel port driver and i think that is where the problem lies. I have 037 on one of my lathes and it runs quite well.
    To be fair my only recommendation when using parallel port from a few tests on the bench while building was using .062 on WinXP.
    Wouldn't use any other OS now unless using Ethernet.
    I couldn't get 7 stable at all.
    Can be tricky getting XP loaded onto sata drives on some machines. Easiest was the Dell with Bios set to IDE.