Need Help! Daul MPG's setup/install

Thread: Daul MPG's setup/install

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Daul MPG's setup/install

I would like to setup and install a dual MPG control panel for running the Z and the X axis on my CNC lathe running Mach3. Is this possible with Mach3 or is LinuxCnc a better choice? The ideal setup would to have two separate MPG controls, on a single panel, instead of switching between X and Z axis when using a manual setup or machining operation.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Daul MPG's setup/install

I have mine setup that way. works in both Mach3 mill and lathe. It will also move both X and Z axis at the same time by turning both MPG's at the same time. It has been a long time since I set it up I would have to tear it apart to see which pin it is on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is this something that you purchased or fabricated yourself? I was looking for a commercial unit or directions on making and wiring it up by myself, but so far no luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used two dynapar rotary incremental encoder that I picked up at a local junk store. +5 volt with A+,A-, B+ B- I think I got the wiring somewhere in the Mach3 manual. I had to setup a drag on the shafts, they do not have step detentes and the shafts are set in ball bearings. I like it this way because I use the lathe/mill manually as much as cnc .

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I am trying to do the same thing on my mini mill. I am using a Pokeys 56U because there is no parallel port on the lap top. I do have both encoders moving the x and z at the same time but I am having all sorts of problems trying to scale them. I am just starting to play with this and I have made so many adjustments I'm completely confused. I'm trying to get an old computer to load mach3 and try the parallel port. Did you succeed on your project?
    Thanks Jan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jan,
    unfortunately I had to put the dual MPG project on the back burner and have not done much since my last postings.
    I am using an old XP desktop with a two parallel ports and have not finished the wiring to the interface card. Keep us informed on how your project is going as I think you are further along than I am.
    I ended up using a CNC4PC MPG16 dual control panel kit with their interface card-nice setup and price.
    Sorry that I could not help you.
    Bob