MPG Pendant for CNC Lathe Mach

Thread: MPG Pendant for CNC Lathe Mach

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default MPG Pendant for CNC Lathe Mach

I'm looking for advice on getting a pendant to use with Mach turn. I see lots of pendants pretty reasonable but they are all geared toward milling based on the settings and key defaults. I've not see one set up for lathe work. Also interested in what best requirements for pendant for lathe work would be, I figure it's pretty close to mill work, but with other things like toolchange button for toolpost, and ability to set Z part 0.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MPG Pendant for CNC Lathe Mach

Old post, did you end up with a lathe pendant? I converted my lathe to CNC a couple of months ago and I have tried two different pendants. The first one was a X-box 360 wireless controller, which worked great and is fully programmable; but I crashed the lathe twice using the joy stick which is a little touchy. Presently I am using a wireless Xhc MPG Shuttlepro which I like much better for initial setups, so far so good.
    The MPG is great and I can also use it on my mill (not quite finished yet).
    Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks that is good feedback. I had seen the XHC, I was concerned it might not be too good, due to being Chinese. I am currently holding out to buy one until Mach4 gets a little more finished, as I would like to swap over and I want to make sure the pendant will work. The pendant interface I hear is different, so not all that work with Mach3 will work with Mach4, plus I have an smoothstepper, so it has to work with it.

Thanks for the comment.
    Nick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using a Vistacnc and like it. A bit pricey but the quality and features are great. I have used it for milling and lathe work. I just got to wrap around my head the reassignment of the axis.

The only problem I have is if the PC goes to sleep I have to reset the MPG by pulling the USB plug.

Downloads
    Uploads

+1 for VistaCNC I have the P1A-S..

CNC Machines: Tormach PCNC 1100 CNC Mill W4th Axis | Birmingham 12X36 Lathe W/ CNC Retrofit W/Tormach BOB PathPilot & SKCD200220 VFD | My Personal Blog www.stevenrhine.com