Need Help! Touch Off UI Find Center Not Working

Thread: Touch Off UI Find Center Not Working

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Touch Off UI Find Center Not Working

I posted this in the Newfangled forum but haven't had a reply so hoping the brain trust here can help.

Probing works fine for one Axis. I can zero my Z, find the edge of X & Y but if I try using the "Find Center" in my center finding touchplate it will move to the X-, contact the plate, then make a small move in the X+ direction and then disables Mach.

This is what History shows.

"X axis is performing a touch move.

ESS starting Probe 0
    ESS: Successful Probe0 Strike. Probing finished.

ERROR: No contact with probe"

I have an ESS and have "Probing Failure Disables Mach" deselected. I have also tried with it enabled with no change in result.

My grounding of the system is very good and have no noise issues. I did try adding noise filtering in the ESS configs but there was not change. If it was noise I would also think I would have issues with other touch probe functions but all work for a single function.

I've looked at all the topics I can find and I may have missed the answer so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Similar Threads:
    Chris Livingston
    Tigard, OR USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Touch Off UI Find Center Not Working

Hi,
    I’m not sure what probing macros you are using, but what seems to be happening is that there is a setting that defines a distance limit where if the probe is not activated, the probe routine is aborted.

If that is the case, you need to set that limit larger so that it is greater than the distance being measured.

Cheers
    Peter

-------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Touch Off UI Find Center Not Working

I'm using the Mach4 built in ones. I guess I didn't think of checking the settings internally programmed to that button

Chris Livingston
    Tigard, OR USA