Mach 4 Software

Thread: Mach 4 Software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach 4 Software

Is anyone using Mach 4 for an industrial machine? Wire bending or machining?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach 4 Software

Hi,
    I use Mach4Hobby and have done for eight years.

I use it daily for making small parts (for automotive instruments) and isolation routed circuit boards. It is not industrial, but I do make a living from it.

I have also done some retrofits to various machines, a couple of plasma tables, a lathe and most recently a guillotine. My experience is that Mach4 is quite flexible and useful
    for retrofit purposes, and is very modestly priced relative to genuine industrial controllers.

Is there a particular feature or operation that you need it to perform? Mach4 is well suited to and pretty much ready to go with up to six axis mills.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking at a 6 axis wire bending machine. Thank you for your reply.

Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

we used to use it, but in the end of the year my boss said that we should discontinue using standard or typical software because of the competition.
    That seems a bit pointless, firstly your competitors have access to 'standard and typical software' whatever your solution, and they will pay a very small fraction of what you will pay
    to re-invent the wheel because a large part of the cost that you face to develop your own solution is just to redo what is already available elsewhere, in this instance Mach4.

Any and all code over and above the standard issue Mach4 code is compiled and so on one can copy that.

One of the driving forces behind the design and implementation of Mach4 was that it could be used by OEM machine builders to take and adapt to their specific machine and make a distinct
    and unique product.That is the reason for the extensive scripting capabilities, the API and the built in GUI editor. Of course those features are just as valuable to a hobbyist with a one off machine or
    a manufacturer whom produces hundreds of machines.

Craig

Community Moderator RaderSidetrack's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

we used to use it, but in the end of the year my boss said that we should discontinue using standard or typical software because of the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    That seems a bit pointless, firstly your competitors have access to 'standard and typical software' whatever your solution, and they will pay a very small fraction of what you will pay
    to re-invent the wheel because a large part of the cost that you face to develop your own solution is just to redo what is already available elsewhere, in this instance Mach4.
    Craig, I agree with you.

Unfortunately, in this case the message you are replying to was posted by a spammer. He had a pattern of hiding spam links in text that may or may not represent what he actually thinks. Its more or less just cover for his spam links.

He has been banned as a spammer, so his posts have been removed. That somewhat disrupts the flow of the thread, but that is better than leaving spam posts in place.

And while it may not be apparent, this thread was the target of a second spammer, today. That reopened the thread but he has also been banned and his post removed. So I decided to post an explanation of the disruption in the thread reply sequence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    dirty damn bloody SPAMMER.....kick him in the bollocks I say

Craig