Need Help! Mach4 5 Axis Saw profile

Thread: Mach4 5 Axis Saw profile

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach4 5 Axis Saw profile

Long story short, my job is being given random tasks, learning how to do said task, making that another part of my job, or teaching someone else to do it.

This time it's CNC. I have 3 machines to figure out, learn, and run. We'll start with my current problem. A China made 5-Axis Granite Saw.

In Mach4, I just don't even know how I should configure a lot of things. Is a saw still a mill? or is it tangential? Really what I'm hoping is that someone can send me a profile for a 5-axis saw, and I can tweak it to match my machine.

I'm an absolute noob and have little to no experience. I started out with a cheap 3D printer and a lot of creativity and now I have 4 printers, I design and prototype products, and I'm given all sorts of random tasks that I have no idea how to do, but I'm a great and fast learner, so I always get the job done. I have no doubts that I'll figure this out, but if someone would be so kind as to lend me their experience and knowledge, it will go a long way.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew