MACH 4 from MACH 3??

Thread: MACH 4 from MACH 3??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MACH 4 from MACH 3??

Can anyone give me a few good reasons why I should swap from 3-4 OR maybe a few good reasons not to? A little intimidated to swap all the configs and I seem to have issues alot lately like an ESS dll failure etc. Just looking for good input.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MACH 4 from MACH 3??

You will have to switch eventually to be compatible with new hardware and software. Updates will kill your machine unless you update. I recommend to do the switch on your time instead of when your machine has quit working and you need to get something done but your machine won't budge.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not really.
    Mach3 still works with a fair few controllers.
    I've only recently gone from old pport use to lan with UC300eth. Uses both Mach3 and UCCNC. (both work perfectly).
    I've got my old Windows7 discs retail box. They'll easily install on any pc that isn't ssd.
    I refuse to work with Win10 and it's forced updating garbage.

Win7 no longer supported o.s. by MS. So there's no constant hassle and badgering from MS like there is on win10.
    Nothing fancy is needed to run things pc wise.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not a Mach user but firmly believe that the last sentence of the previous post should be displayed in bold at the top of every forum devoted to CNC matters.Ordinary machining does not need a particularly fancy pc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I have used Mach4 for seven years and Mach3 before that. Mach4 is light years ahead in my opinion.

I started a thread in the Mach4 forum inviting other users to list the things that they liked about Mach4....the list is up to about 400 items.
    I'll try and find the link.

The bottom line is: 'Mach4 was designed whereas Mach3 evolved'.

All development on Mach3 ceased seven years ago, whatever bugs Mach3 has, and it has plenty, it will be stuck with. Mach4 is still actively being developed.

Craig