Need Help! CNC Connexion problem - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC Connexion problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Connexion problem

I wonder whether the system is intended for an Arduino based control,given the USB port.I can see no mention of any control software on the packing list posted earlier and GRBL or similar is widely available.It seems puzzling that Mach 4 has been acquired in addition to the kit,when no mention of it being necessary is quoted and yet somebody has unearthed the nugget that the machine is intended for EMC2 (which is a designation that was dropped years ago).I don't see a parallel port delivering enough power to turn a spindle,but then the machine only has 1/8" collets.Could we have a link to the site the machine was bought from?

I just searched for the machine and found it's twin which has this message on the Amazon page : The machine need Mach3 software as control software, so make sure that you have installed it after you place order.We don"t provide Mach3 software.

Setting up Mach 4 on a machine not intended for it seems to be fairly taxing even for those with a bit of CNC experience.It has to be a nightmare for a newbie.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Setting up Mach 4 on a machine not intended for it seems to be fairly taxing even for those with a bit of CNC experience.It has to be a nightmare for a newbie.
    Setting up Mach4 is really not a lot different to Mach3 so I wouldn't describe it as overly difficult. What can and does catch people out, me included when I first set it up
    seven years ago, is that despite it similarities it's not Mach3 and requires a fresh approach to accommodate the structure and modularity of Mach4.

Having said that setting up any new machine and software is not straight forward.......and probably not what OP thought he was buying.

Given that it seems the machine was intended for Mach3 then OP needs to install a copy of Mach3, freely available as a demo copy, and then install the plugin required by the USB board.
    The supplier MUST have that....if they can't supply it return the machine and get a refund, without the plugin its junk. One good thing about Mach3 is that there are plenty of users out
    there and any problem OP is likely to encounter will have been discovered before and solutions posted.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

My motion controller or board might be RnR, or Shuttle pro...
    I got answer from manufacturer with plugins.
    Anyone know if that work with mach4 ? actually the manufacturer told me that i can keep my windows 10 but i need mach3...
    if you guys tell me that i should have mach 3 then, then i will change for mach 3.
    hope it will work

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    RnR or Shuttle Pro WILL NOT work with Mach4, they don't have a plugin for it....and to be honest are pretty rubbishy art the best of times.
    Having said that they will work with Mach3.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

I don’t think Mach 3 works on win 10.
    If someone knows otherwise then please link the documents that explain how to get it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your plugin is RnRMotion.dll, it will work with Mach3 and Wndow10, We tested
    Your Breakout Board should be like this
    https://www.automationtechnologiesin...nterface-board
    you can open your controller Box and check it

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

I Was contacting the manufacturer and they sent me everything to make it work, and it work !
    just needed the good plugin and configuration. no need to buy anything else.
    So thanks everyone !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12