Mach 4 Surface map wizzard

Thread: Mach 4 Surface map wizzard

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach 4 Surface map wizzard

Hello all,

I'm trying to get mach 4 surface map wizard to work. My machine does the probing and I load the surface map but it doesn't make a difference. The Z axis doesn't make any sort of adjustments. I'm using ESS that came with my Avid plug and play kit (CRP800-00E-8). That wizard is really the only reason I upgraded to mach 4. I engrave on uneven surfaces. Any advice would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach 4 Surface map wizzard

Hi,
    I use the ESS and Mach4 and have done for years.

I have tried the Surface Wizard and it works as expected....although I think its a less than optimum choice for what you want to do.
    The Surface Wizard is meant to probe the table and then cause the machine to make minor Z axis adjustments as it runs otherwise standard Gcode.
    The probing routine is rather slow, and was really intended that it be done once then left alone, until say the machine has undergone some
    maintenance or re-build.

One of the main uses for my machine is isolation routing of PCBs. Very accurate Z axis movements are critical to the success of isolation routing
    and for this purpose I use Autoleveller, a freeware software utility. It generates Gcode to probe a surface that is being worked on, records the probe
    results data and THEN modifies the Gcode job by minor alterations to the Z axis movements. I've been using it for six years and would be lost without it.
    Its very much intended to be used and re-used at each new job.

Autoleveller – CNC Millings, Levelled

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

+1 for Autoleveller. I have also been using it for many years for PCB making and engraving. I kind of wish something like that was integrated into Mach3, but I don't think the Mach4 wizard is what I want.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Craig, I will certainly give Autoleveller a go. I just downloaded it and see it doesn't have an option for Mach 4. Do I just use Mach 3 for controller or do I have to do something with custom?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I kind of wish something like that was integrated into Mach3, but I don't think the Mach4 wizard is what I want.
    Within the exception I noted above Autoleveller and Mach4's Surface Wizard perform identically.

I just downloaded it and see it doesn't have an option for Mach 4
    I've been using the combination of Mach4 AND Autoleveller for six years....so it does work. If you do some research you will find I posted
    two macros M40 and M41 written in Lua that allows AutolevellerAE to save probe data to a file using Mach4.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,

Within the exception I noted above Autoleveller and Mach4's Surface Wizard perform identically.

I've been using the combination of Mach4 AND Autoleveller for six years....so it does work. If you do some research you will find I posted
    two macros M40 and M41 written in Lua that allows AutolevellerAE to save probe data to a file using Mach4.

Craig
    Hello Craig, thank you so much for your reply. Researching Autoleveller and trying to figure out how to use it has been all I've been working on today And thank you for the work you have done. I have the Macros loaded. I was asking about within AutolevellerAE which controller do I select for mach 4 as Mach 4 isn't listed.

I'm just a simple guy at his wits end. Please forgive me for asking stupid things.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach 4 Surface map wizzard-alae-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    just use Mach3, its just the Gcode generator option, and as you know Mach3 and Mach4 Gcode are nearly identical.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, that worked. I had a successful probe run. Tomorrow I'll do a full run and see how my engraving comes out. Thanks for all your help.