Just need help

Thread: Just need help

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Just need help

Hello all.

Im thinking of buying Mach 4 to run along side my table top machine which uses a blue control box. Newfangled solutions state that an external motion controller is required and a Mach 4 plugin. can anyone tell me if my control box is a external motion controller. any help would be gratefully received.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just need help

Hello.

Try posting some pictures.It´s difficult to get an idea just by comments.

I understand that MACH is basically a software product. I don´t know if they sell any hardware but other than some sort of breakout card (interface) I don´t think it could need anything else.

Regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BBMNet View Post
    Hello.

Try posting some pictures.It´s difficult to get an idea just by comments.

I understand that MACH is basically a software product. I don´t know if they sell any hardware but other than some sort of breakout card (interface) I don´t think it could need anything else.

Regards.
    2 pics of my control box

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just need help-dfd25221-fa17-48e5-a1a3-4201079bf67e-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Skipio1 View Post
    Hello all.

Im thinking of buying Mach 4 to run along side my table top machine which uses a blue control box. Newfangled solutions state that an external motion controller is required and a Mach 4 plugin. can anyone tell me if my control box is a external motion controller. any help would be gratefully received.
    I am confused a picture shows nothing useful. What is the part number and brand of your control box and what control software are you using now?? I suggest going to the Newfangled solutions website and downloading the documentation.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Show us inside the box!
    From there that looks like a parallel connection (no guarantee) but where are the rest of the connections?

Look on this page at the requirements.
    https://www.machsupport.com/software/mach4/

If your box runs off parallel and your computer has a parallel port then follow:
    32-bit Desktop – Parallel Port Recommended Requirements

If the box runs off parallel and computer doesn't have one then I'm afraid either bin the box and buy a new controller (ESS type). Or get a different pc and follow:
    PREFERRED: 32 or 64-bit Laptop or Desktop – Using an External Motion Controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.

In case you may need it there are daughter cards to add LPT ports to a PC. One brand I know of is MANHATTAN.

Regards.