Mach4, Darwin and Ref all home issue

Thread: Mach4, Darwin and Ref all home issue

Default Mach4, Darwin and Ref all home issue

I've just set up Mach4 with the Darwin plugin and I cannot get any movement on any axis when trying to reference home. I get a message saying all axis referenced but nothing moves
    I can jog the axis and the dro's show correct movement, I can MDI and move an axis a set amount so mach4 has control of the motors correctly.

All my limit/home switches light up correctly for each axis in diagnostics when manually triggered too so they are recognised.

I'm lost to what the cause of this is, it's as if it sees the axis homed without any movement. Also I've not set home in place either so it's not that.

Any suggestions as what to try next?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach4, Darwin and Ref all home issue

Hi,

A few things..
    Does it make a difference if you move off all the limit switches before homing?

Have you specified homing order for each axis?

Can you take a screenshot of the homing/softlimits tab in control config?

Quote Originally Posted by hof View Post
    Hi,

A few things..
    Does it make a difference if you move off all the limit switches before homing?

Have you specified homing order for each axis?

Can you take a screenshot of the homing/softlimits tab in control config?
    Hi,

The Axis are not on limts/home switches before trying to home so not actively lit in the diagnostics tab. I know they work though as Mach4 reports a switch as triggered if i trigger it manually, and all of them are correct.

I haven't activated any soft limts in homing limits yet, I have st homing order to Z=1 XandY=2

I'll send a picture this evening. Do you think if i haven't actually added any soft limit measurements it won't work?

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think soft limits make a difference.
    I'm guessing the homing order is missing. The default homing order is 0 which disables homing for that axis.
    Set them to 1 or 2 or whatever order you want.
    A router for example could use 1 for Z and 2 for X & Y which would first home only Z to get it up to maximun height and then the other axes.