Need Help! Avid CNC Plug and Play NEMA 23 - Y axis motors running in opposite directions

Thread: Avid CNC Plug and Play NEMA 23 - Y axis motors running in opposite directions

Activation process justicedavid65's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Avid CNC Plug and Play NEMA 23 - Y axis motors running in opposite directions

I bought an AVID CNC(CNC Router Parts) plug and play NEMA 23 package for my DIY Ballscrew machine. Everything seems OK, except the Y axis motors are running in opposite directions? The Master is going in the correct direction, but the slave is not. I tried clicking on the 'reverse' box in config>Control>Motor 3, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have been waiting all day for support to call me back, just though I'd see if I could get some help here.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Activation process justicedavid65's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Avid CNC Plug and Play NEMA 23 - Y axis motors running in opposite directions

Still no call back from Avid CNC. They were on top of it and called back within an hour when I wanted a $2500 quote, but now that I need help all I get is what sounds like a 90's answering machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Avid CNC Plug and Play NEMA 23 - Y axis motors running in opposite directions

After you changed direction in the software did you click save?
    Another way around it is each motor should have two pairs of wires going to it. One pair to each coil. Reverse one of the pairs and it will run the opposite way.