Y Slaved motor keeps turning when Y axis is homed

Thread: Y Slaved motor keeps turning when Y axis is homed

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Y Slaved motor keeps turning when Y axis is homed

Hi guys.

After epic work, I am very close to having my Mach 4 contolled router working correctly.

I am setting up my new 4x4 router, which is built with all CNCRP parts and their Plug and Play ESS control box.
    I am running a licenced copy of Mach4 which I bought from CNCRP.

My y axis has two NEMA 34 motors. When facing the machine, the Y- is on the left and the Y+(Slaved) is on the right.

When I press the "Home All Axis" the Z and X axis home correctly and then the Y axis moves toward the front of the machine.
    The Y axis trips the Y- limit switch and the gantry stops. The Y- motor stops. However, the slaved Y+ axis motor keeps turning and I have to hit the e-stop to turn it off.

Now for the limit switches. I have a Y- and Y+ limit switch positioned on the front and back of the left side of the y axis.
    On the front right hand side of the machine, I have the y- slave switch connected to the "Slaved" connector on the CNCRP ESS box.
    While my machine has linear rails for the axis, I followed this diagram from CNCRP:

Y Slaved motor keeps turning when Y axis is homed-crp400prox_iso_800-jpg

When I look at the the Diagnostics Tab, the y- and y- slaved sensors have been tripped. So the sensors do seem to be working.
    I tried removing the sensor on the front right that slaved y motor moves toward. But that did not stop the the y slaved motor from continuing to turn when the gantry homes to the front.

Can anyone suggest why the slaved y axis motor does not stop when it reaches home? Would it suggest it is not receiving the instruction to stop? If so,how would I correct this?

I am a total newbie so simple, step by step info is appreciated.

Thank you!
    David

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Y Slaved motor keeps turning when Y axis is homed-crp400prox_iso_800-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever figure this out? I’m in the same boat

Quote Originally Posted by Redcedar View Post
    Hi guys.

After epic work, I am very close to having my Mach 4 contolled router working correctly.

I am setting up my new 4x4 router, which is built with all CNCRP parts and their Plug and Play ESS control box.
    I am running a licenced copy of Mach4 which I bought from CNCRP.

My y axis has two NEMA 34 motors. When facing the machine, the Y- is on the left and the Y+(Slaved) is on the right.

When I press the "Home All Axis" the Z and X axis home correctly and then the Y axis moves toward the front of the machine.
    The Y axis trips the Y- limit switch and the gantry stops. The Y- motor stops. However, the slaved Y+ axis motor keeps turning and I have to hit the e-stop to turn it off.

Now for the limit switches. I have a Y- and Y+ limit switch positioned on the front and back of the left side of the y axis.
    On the front right hand side of the machine, I have the y- slave switch connected to the "Slaved" connector on the CNCRP ESS box.
    While my machine has linear rails for the axis, I followed this diagram from CNCRP:

Y Slaved motor keeps turning when Y axis is homed-crp400prox_iso_800-jpg

When I look at the the Diagnostics Tab, the y- and y- slaved sensors have been tripped. So the sensors do seem to be working.
    I tried removing the sensor on the front right that slaved y motor moves toward. But that did not stop the the y slaved motor from continuing to turn when the gantry homes to the front.

Can anyone suggest why the slaved y axis motor does not stop when it reaches home? Would it suggest it is not receiving the instruction to stop? If so,how would I correct this?

I am a total newbie so simple, step by step info is appreciated.

Thank you!
    David

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Y Slaved motor keeps turning when Y axis is homed

Did you ever get this figured out, I am literally in the same boat!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom989898 View Post
    Did you ever get this figured out, I am literally in the same boat!
    Yes I did.

It turns out that the limit switch on the Y- Slaved Axis had to be adjusted (outwards if I remember) ever so slightly.
    I loosened the nut and moved the limit switch toward the carriage--just a tiny bit and tightened the nut again.

Then when the carriage homed it sensed the limit switch and the Y-Slaved motor stopped turning.
    A simple little adjustment, but it worked like a charm.
    I hope this helps.

Redcedar

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.

As a simple test I suggest you manually press the slave Y motor Y+ sensor as it reaches home instead of the emergency stop.

It may even be easier to interchange both sensors by switching their cables at the control box. It is possible they are inverted. In any case it may be worth to give it a try.

I hope this helps.

Regards.