Need Help! Mach4 looses configuration after restart

Thread: Mach4 looses configuration after restart

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach4 looses configuration after restart

Hi,

Every time i close down Mach4 it looses the configuration. For example in the output page i put in all ports and pins for the enable signals to the servos. As long as the software is still open it works fine but once i restart the software all info is lost and i have to start over.

I have a UC300ETH and UB1 breakoutboard.

I tried using the UC300ETH-5LTP plugin instead and that seems to save the config but the Mach4 can´t connect to the card.

Have anyone had this issue, or any thoughs of what to do?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach4 looses configuration after restart

Have you saved the Profile XML file with a distinct name? If so, you should be able to choose it from Mach3 Loader on startup.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    exactly how are you shutting Mach4 down?

When Mach4 shuts down it will run the 'Screen Unload' script which should flush any and all settings plus all the 'persistent' registers
    to the .ini file. From your description that is not happening. Why?

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the feedback. I´ve created a new profile and choose it at every startup. It seems to save a few settings like the description on the outputs but not the ports/pins.

I wonder if i´m using the latest plugin, but the UC300ETH-UB1 doesn´t seem to openly support mach4.

One possible solution which i haven´t tried yet might be to bridge the solder gap on the UB1 to the 5LTP pinout. Then the 5LTP plugin which is supported could work?

Downloads
    Uploads

Add the MACH4 process account it is running on to the group that have READ/WRITE access to the folder it normally saves the config.
    If that group doesn't have R/W then you'll have to add that too (folder/file permission issue, perhaps)

If none of that works disable UAC and see if this is preventing the process from writing onto hdd

Mach4 is very buggy software. Make sure to install it to its default Installation Path to "C:\Mach4Hobby". If you install it to "C:\Program files\Mach4Hobby" a bunch of bugs occur. Especially with the configuration files. This is caused by the space in the path. Mach4 does not like that.

~ knacker99