logic Trace 2018 summary of the upgrade

Thread: logic Trace 2018 summary of the upgrade

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: logic Trace 2018 summary of the upgrade

Hi Stan,
    What specific version number of Logic Trace 2018 were you using when you posted this review on 10/9/18? I have just installed Logic Trace 2018 Version 2018.1.3 and am getting lots of system crashes when attempting to use the mirror or scale commands. Specifically "run-time error "53": File not found. This locks the program up and then crashes it (see attached photos). Have you experienced this phenomenon?
    Thanks,
    David
    Desert Hybrids Precision

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails logic Trace 2018 summary of the upgrade-20181103_213031_resized-jpg   logic Trace 2018 summary of the upgrade-20181103_213122_resized-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I sometimes get errors but I tend to push it a bit, I am quite sure we're using the same program.
    I don't get lock ups, I just get kicked out
    Contact John Walsh and send him the same data, maybe yours have developed a glitch.
    I don't have the program in front of me as its in the shop and I am in the house this evening

Downloads
    Uploads

OK. Thanks Stan.

Downloads
    Uploads

here is the link to download your copy again , maybe it got glitched also what OS are you using , I am win 7

2018 Logic Trace Update john's site

2018 Logic Trace Update update and videos

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Stan,
    I am using windows 7. I have installed Logic Trace 2018 on 2 computers (these are both fairly new computers that have no problems running PlasmaCAM Design Edge, V-Carve Pro, and other cnc software. The Logic Trace software exhibits the same problems on both computers. It also exhibits some other strange behavior. See attached photo. I did receive an email earlier today from John Walsh. He said he was working to resolve these issues.

By the way, I would be interested to see photos of your cnc laser cutter, cnc router, and cnc plasma cutter. Or maybe a shop tour video showing your shop layout. Here are a few photos of the cnc plasma cutting and engraving end of my machine shop. The machine shop is around 1000 sq. ft. The total shop size is 5000 sq. ft.

Thanks,
    David

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails logic Trace 2018 summary of the upgrade-20181103_214808-jpg   logic Trace 2018 summary of the upgrade-20181024_190152-jpg   logic Trace 2018 summary of the upgrade-20181024_190225-jpg   logic Trace 2018 summary of the upgrade-busness-card-tucson-arizona-jpg  

logic Trace 2018 summary of the upgrade-20181024_190050-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

My address is camper@tnt21.com and yes will send some photos, I run a cnc router table 4x8 and 2 co2 lasers I might have the same footage , my shop is around 5000 sq feet
    When I run logic trace (the jumbo version) as I have 2 drawing table bolted together 11 feet long as I start it up I have to cancel a bunch of programs trying to re-install its a quirk with john's software being
    botherered by other cad software.
    I used to be the only one but I do know of another person who has these issues.
    Its almost worth while having one computer for the drawing
    What you could do is revert back to the older version until he resolves what issues you are having .
    I had to remove the jumbo 2018 and go back to 2015 for stability, this often happens with new software
    I have videos showing how some configurations should be tested before starting to draw, I find USB ports are sensitive ie I am now using port 6 port 4 on my jumbo and that has helped
    Sounds like your computers are like mine loaded with various software

Downloads
    Uploads

I just finished using the logic trace 2018 single board (not jumbo) and had no problems I showed lines and arcs and points through a curve and mirror
    they are not quite done yet
    so not sure what to say but maybe try a computer with not a lot of machine software

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Stan,
    Thanks for your reply. It's all good! I just forgot to read the Logic Trace 2018 user's manual. I was trying to do a mirror image the way I am used to doing it in AutoCAD, Fusion 360, Solid Works, Pro-Engineer, PlasmaCAM Design Edge, and MasterCAM. Now I understand that John has a different approach to this operation. I only wish he would implement a software trap to keep his program from locking up when the inputs do not match his expected inputs. Thanks for all your help.
    David