Need Help! slow pulses

Thread: slow pulses

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default slow pulses

hello

This is the first time I use LinuxCnc and a homemade cnc machine.
    I created a stepper board driver with an IMT901 stepper driver and it works fine.

I would like to control these drivers using linuxcnc but I encountered a problem.

For a simpel test I connected pin 2 of my parallel port to the step-input of one of my drivers. This is the default value that 'emc2 stepper mill configuration' suggest. I can create a dummy configuration file with 'EMC2 stepper mill configuration' but when I want to test the motor it receives very slow pulses...

these are the settings of the x axis configuration:
    motor steps per revolution : 200
    driver microstepping : 2
    pulley teeth : 1:1 (dummy value - I dont have a cnc yet)
    leadscrew pitch : 1 mm/rev
    max velocity : 2 mm/s
    max acceleration : 5 mm/s^2

If I press the 'test this axis' button and press "run" I can see the step-led on my driver receiving approximate 1 step every second, this results in a very slowly revolving motor..

Am I doing something wrong?
    I think that linuxcnc generates all the pulses needed to revolve the motor, or is this assumption wrong?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have found it easier to dial in steps and stuff just using the Configuration menu within EMC not the Stepconf wizard. Just go into EMC using Axis display program (this is default I believe) and go to Tools menu at the top (I think Tool) in the menu you will see configuration. If you go in there you can change the steps and rate. The first number is pulses per unit (inches or mm whatever you are in), They call it offset or something like that but that is all it is. Then under that is acceleration. Those are the only numbers that are needed to control the pulses. If you make the first number 3000 and the second 30 or 40 you will see very fast pulses.

Then just turn off the estop, turn on the power (both buttons top left corner) and then jog the axis.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default The drop down is "Machine" and then "Calibration"

Try to look there