Problem Homing and E-Stop operation with Stepconf

Thread: Homing and E-Stop operation with Stepconf

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Homing and E-Stop operation with Stepconf

I haven't connected anything to the mill yet, the control box and PC are still on the bench in the house but I'm getting things setup and bugs worked out so when I do hook it to the machine I have as little risk of 'incident' as possible.

I'm running 2.2.2 (the last .iso release) as I don't see any comments in the changelog/bugfixes about this issue.

When I tell it to home, it ignores the home switch inputs. It also ignores the E-Stop input. The HAL Oscilloscope shows that all my signals are showing up (ie trip the Z home and the Z home signal goes high, etc.) and I tried a number of diffferent combinations of Home settings and E-Stop pins,etc., so I don't know what's going on. It just runs the Z motor till it hits the software position and then it does X and Y.

I've attached the stepconf and ini file - can someone point me in the right direction? Did I miss something in the changelog and need to upgrade to 2.2.3? Or do I just need to sit down and get intimately acquainted with the .ini creation/modification particulars and dump stepconf?

I'm running on an old P3-350MHz that gets a pretty good base period under heavy load (made the new P4 MSI mobo I had look like a dinosaur).

Any help, be it precise or pointing me elsewhere would be greatly appreciated. I expect to have the conversion parts complete within the next 2 weeks (the ballscrew machining is gonna be a slow tedious [meticulous] task).

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

update to 2.2.3 - just use the update manager.

I know there was a few stepconf fixes..

http://axis.unpythonic.net/01201491753

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, that did do it. Wish the changelog noted that there were changes to Stepconf other than with the "Test Axis" button. Also, the last iso pointed to repositories for ver2.1, so in a round trip of the internet I found out that I needed to make that point to 2.2 for it to correctly update. Not being a native Linux user and not intending to have that machine onlineit was a fun experience. Couldn't even use the tar file i downloaded since they evidently didn't include a C compiler - I know I could have figured out how to get it, but...

Thanks for the nudge. Things behave much nicer now. Now I can tune my homing sequences and finalize the EE side of my setup.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cadmonkey View Post
    was a fun experience.
    A bit of an understatement? Hang onto your chair, things can move fast in the open source world. Blink twice and emc2 might be packaged with Ubuntu 8.04. Call it a premonition as I have no insider knowledge on the timetable.

Couldn't even use the tar file i downloaded since they evidently didn't include a C compiler - I know I could have figured out how to get it, but...
    No need to compile in this situation afaict.
    If you need to compile anything in the future look at this;
    http://www.ubuntux.org/how-to-instal...uild-essential
    Pretty sure that's how I took care of the no compiler situation.

Apologies if I threw you off track with the 'release notes' link in another thread.

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.