Need Help! Problem with homing

Thread: Problem with homing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem with homing

Hi, can somebody please help me with my homing problem. When installing home switches I didn't think about that and now the switch is at '0' position. Tried many settings but looks like I'm missing something.
    It is supposed to search the switch from anywhere towards '0', find it and then go in the opposite direction to the Home position which will be at '0' or somewhere else.

Many Thanks!
    Filip

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem with homing-image_2022-03-19_152816-png  
    Last edited by vph; 03-19-2022 at 09:50 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problem with homing

I don't know if this will help, but let me try. I have my limit switches inside my physical limits. And I have my soft limits inside my switch position.

My Y axis has a physical limit of > 625.00mm. I set max limit to 625.00mm. I have minimum limit set to -1.0 and home offset set to -40.00mm. Home is set to 0.00mm. I also have Home_Ignore_Limits set to YES.

I realize I loose a little travel distance doing this, but it seems to work.

HTH
    Paul

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Paul. I understand what is your setup. The thing is that I'm trying to do it with only one switch which is installed close to the '0' position. So I want '0' and min_limit to be set based on the switch and max_limit to be only soft_limit.

Greetings,
    vph

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi vph,

I only have one switch for each axis. I have home location set inside switch so I can manually move axis toward minimum and software will stop a homed axis before hitting a switch. If axis isn't homed accurately, the switch will stop movement before hitting the physical minimum limit. If my axis is not homed properly and I move toward maximum, it will hit physical max. If homed properly, soft max stops the axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Best advice is to read the chapter in the linuxcnc docs called homing configuration.

To set a home position say 1" from the switch position you need to set something like
    HOME_OFFSET = -1.0
    in your ini file

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rodw View Post
    Best advice is to read the chapter in the linuxcnc docs called homing configuration.

To set a home position say 1" from the switch position you need to set something like
    HOME_OFFSET = -1.0
    in your ini file

Thank you! I read it but couldn't understand it well. So I ended up trying all possible sign combination and found "mine" ;-)