Questions about MKS-V, WHB04B-6

Thread: Questions about MKS-V, WHB04B-6

Default Questions about MKS-V, WHB04B-6

Hey,

Years ago I buy Chineze 6040z cnc machine, 4 axis. After about half of year I meet first problem - Z axis stepper lose steps randomly... And it makes Z axis fall down 2 mm every lose steps cycle... So I disassembled original control box, buy new box, hybrid stepper motors, 36 VDC 15 A power supply and connect everything back with flexible, shielded cables and etc... Well, this makes big improvement. Everything now is OK, but I am tired work with Mach3, so I am looking to LinuxCNC. I am not new with linux - spend more than 2 years with it in my College, so I think it will be better for me.

Now I have Chineze MKS-V-V0.4 PCB, that runs everything from my PC via USB cable. Also I use WHB04B-6 handwheel.

Did someone allready tried use this PCB with LinuxCNC ? I see, that there are some posts about WHB handwheel, but about MKS-V series PCB no. Is it avalible or not ?

Thanks for answers !

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Questions about MKS-V, WHB04B-6

BTW I am using that board with 4 axis. If MKS-V-V0.4 is not avalible with LinuxCNC, which PCB with ethernet or USB, even LPT port You preffer and why ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Questions about MKS-V, WHB04B-6

Quote Originally Posted by morphxp View Post
    BTW I am using that board with 4 axis. If MKS-V-V0.4 is not avalible with LinuxCNC, which PCB with ethernet or USB, even LPT port You preffer and why ?
    I think Linux CNC doesn't support USB. It does support Ethernet and parallel port, so I would stick with those options