Need Help! Linuxcnc/DYN2 DMM-Tech Drives using 5I25 _ 7I76 Combination

Thread: Linuxcnc/DYN2 DMM-Tech Drives using 5I25 _ 7I76 Combination

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Linuxcnc/DYN2 DMM-Tech Drives using 5I25 _ 7I76 Combination

Wow, after using Mach for so long I decided to change my router to the above Mesa Dmm-Tech configuration. I've heard great things about Linux and am currently running PathPilot on my Novakon Torus Pro. I'll be the first to admit that when I switched the Novakon, it was Monkey see - Monkey do recipe following from threads on this forum. I finally have it working and love it.
    A few years ago I purchased a DMM-Tech Dyn2+750 watt servo system along with their BOB. I want to dabble with a tool changer so I decided to use a 7i76 daughter board instead of the DMM BOB which has limited I/O's. With the new Mesa combination installed in a new control panel, I have spent two weeks attempting to get motor movement with littel success. I have searched for hours on the forums trying to find a thread I could understand that addresses this combination. Again, I have very minimal linux experience.
    I contacted DMM-Tech and they provided a schematic (basic) for wiring the 7i76 to the DMM2 drives. I've wired as depicted on the diagram but am having issues understanding the pin 7 (common) connection to TB6 Pin 1 Input0 which is identified on the drawing as a "sinking input". Whey using the pncconf configuration editor in the linuxcnc software, the 7i76 pin 1 selections does not have a "sinking input" choice. It list about everything else but no sinking input. Also, I have not added any additional wiring except that depicted on the diagram.
    OK guys, what am I missing and if I'm completely out of the park, where can I start. I've been on the linuxcnc.org site many times but their "getting started" manual is above this 67 year olds ability to comprehend.
    Any help or advice will be appreciated.
    I'll attach the PDF diagram for reference.
    Many Thanks.
    Bill