Need Help! Advice needed regarding the parallel card to CNC4PC comunication.

Thread: Advice needed regarding the parallel card to CNC4PC comunication.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Advice needed regarding the parallel card to CNC4PC comunication.

Good day.

So a bit of background on my problem. We manufacture CNC fences for panel saws using a single stepper on a ball screw that is controlled by LinuxCNC via a parallel card to c35s CNC4PC board. We have been using this method for many years and now the sunix parallel card does not get manufactured anymore and different EPP , IE1284 cards just wont work.

I am looking to upgrade the use of a parallel card to Ethernet but i am not sure what cards would be the best replacement. I know MESA makes quite a few boards as well as CNC4PC.

Any recommendations would be thoroughly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Advice needed regarding the parallel card to CNC4PC comunication.

Quote Originally Posted by RvanGreunen View Post
    Good day.

So a bit of background on my problem. We manufacture CNC fences for panel saws using a single stepper on a ball screw that is controlled by LinuxCNC via a parallel card to c35s CNC4PC board. We have been using this method for many years and now the sunix parallel card does not get manufactured anymore and different EPP , IE1284 cards just wont work.

I am looking to upgrade the use of a parallel card to Ethernet but i am not sure what cards would be the best replacement. I know MESA makes quite a few boards as well as CNC4PC.

Any recommendations would be thoroughly appreciated.
    I guess there are a couple ways to approach this, one is to search for a parallel port card that does work, for this, asking on the LinuxCNC forum is probably your best bet

If you want to use Ethernet with a Mesa card, probably the easiest way would be to use your existing C35S breakout with a Mesa 7I92 (the 7I92 emulates 2 parallel ports connection wise)
    Note that your hal and ini files and LinuxCNC installation for a Mesa Ethernet card will be completely different from a parallel port installation so its not a trivial upgrade