New Machine Build LinuxCnc+4 analog servo axis

Thread: LinuxCnc+4 analog servo axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default LinuxCnc+4 analog servo axis

I am looking for a complete hardware setup to make a new controller for my cnc router.
    I have 4 yaskawa sigma 7 servopacks (+-10v analogue) and a spindle to control.
    What would you recommend nowadays for hardware? Mesa cards seems to be really good?
    any further info is highly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Joe

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LinuxCnc+4 analog servo axis

Quote Originally Posted by NeubieCNC View Post
    I am looking for a complete hardware setup to make a new controller for my cnc router. I have 4 yaskawa sigma 7 servopacks (+-10v analogue) and a spindle to control. What would you recommend nowadays for hardware? Mesa cards seems to be really good? any further info is highly appreciated! Thanks, Joe
    Mesa cards are an excellent way to go. I refitted a Denford NovaTurn to Yaskawa AC servos using a iBOB2 which I designed, AMD GizmoSphere, Mesa 6i25 and a 7i77. Search for my work. Running PathPilot. I will be posting work on a Infimatic NC 200 refit. See some of my work: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...754-cnc-3.html , Denford Software & Machines ? View topic - NovaTurn Servo retrofit AMD Gizmosphere iBOB2 PCIe x1 , Hope this helps, Iron-Man

Downloads
    Uploads

Very interesting! thank you so much!

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Iron-Man,
    I have now Mesa cards 6i26 +7i77. It seems that your solution with Gizmosphere+iBob2 is superb. Do you sell these iBob cards, or can you tell from where I can get one? Any further info is very welcome! I am soon ready to start with this project. Best regards, Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NeubieCNC View Post
    Dear Iron-Man, I have now Mesa cards 6i26 +7i77. It seems that your solution with Gizmosphere+iBob2 is superb. Do you sell these iBob cards, or can you tell from where I can get one? Any further info is very welcome! I am soon ready to start with this project. Best regards, Joe
    Yes, I sell the IBOB cards. You will need a gizmosphere1. The bios has to be updated in order to turn-on the pcie function. I can help you with what is needed and to get everything up and running. I am also refitting a Infimatic Freedom NC 200 to PathPilot (Mesa 7i77 + 6i25). Send me a P-Msg if necessary. Did you mean Mesa 6i25 + 7i77? Hope this helps, Iron-Man

Last edited by Iron-Man; 02-22-2018 at 05:48 PM. Reason: 6i26?