Need Help! Measure accuracy of linear rail and block separately

Thread: Measure accuracy of linear rail and block separately

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Measure accuracy of linear rail and block separately

Hi,

I received a large shipment of rails and blocks from my supplier. The good thing is that this product is very cheap, but the problem is that these products came without accuracy class and preload classification marks.
    The task is to check the accuracy class of each rail and block separately.
    Preload is easy. Accuracy is challenging one.
    So i've found several solutions:
    optics (autocollimator), multi-axes laser interferometer and contact method.
    Whether optics or laser, all measurements are quite time-consuming and the equipment itself is rather expensive, especially laser.
    Speaking of the contact method and faster and cheaper solution, I’m thinking of two dial gauge indicators, measuring highlighted surfaces and a compression or universal dynamometer.
    So if I have a reference rail, it’s possible to determine blocks accuracy. And on the contrary, if I have a reference block, I can measure rails accuracy.
    But now I’m a bit stuck with the next step of how to determine both reference rail and block.
    Or use selective method?
    1/ take 50 rails and blocks randomly, create 50 assemblies
    2/ measure first 50 assemblies, check measurements, then choose one block A which had minimum tolerance deviation in assembly
    3/ reassemble block A with different 50 rails, and choose one rail B which had minimum tolerance deviation in assembly
    4/ repeat 1 and 2 till I receive the rail and block with minimum tolerance deviation on both surfaces
    5/ determine reference rail and reference block
    6/ measure all other rails and blocks

Perhaps someone has already had such a task and all im doing is trying to reinvent the wheel
    I would be grateful for any help and your ideas on the matter