Need Help! Need to finish this large scale X axis gantry. I'm stuck. any suggestions

Thread: Need to finish this large scale X axis gantry. I'm stuck. any suggestions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need to finish this large scale X axis gantry. I'm stuck. any suggestions

Greetings!

I can really use some advice and some engineering*help.* I have been working on this large scale clay printer for way to long. I have all the electronics, electrical and motors working. I have all the bones.* I am just stuck at a couple points. I need some form of GANTRY for the X axis. The X axis is 6' long made of an aluminum I-Beam with 2" tubes. I have a Nema 23 running a HTD5M Polyurethane 15mm belt.

My current design uses Skate wheels on a 5/16" all thread shaft. I 3D printed brackets for them. I was thinking of using 2 sets at the top and on set at the bottom like a desktop 3D printer. I can move up to 4 sets.

So here is where I am stuck. I don't have a good way of tensioning the belt. I found these nice 3D printable clips that have 1/4-20 bolts that can tighten the belt from the gantry plate. Unfortunately, they are kind of thick, and I don't have enough clearance from the belt to the center aluminum cross beams.

I guess I can go back to try and tension the belt from the pulley side. But there is not that much clearance.

I'm not sure how tight the belt should be.

Next, I could use some advice on the gantry plate, how to mount the belt to it, and then once I have the wheel carriages attached, how I can tighten them?

I was thinking springs?

Don't really have a concentric nut option?

If I go with the 2 sets at the top and one set at the bottom, I could have the bottom wheel set on a pivot from the top, and Maybe use some all thread from the bottom to the second top set of wheels.

I really just need to get this finished so I can move on:-)

I'm so close.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Max Webber