How do you Mount the Bearings on Chinese Ballscrews?

Thread: How do you Mount the Bearings on Chinese Ballscrews?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do you Mount the Bearings on Chinese Ballscrews?

How do you mount the BK/BF12 bearings on the Chinese RM16 Ballscrews (see attached pic)? I do sand the shaft lightly and apply some lubricant but I find it quite difficult especially on the Y,A and X axis which are quite long. Searching I didn’t find any suitable tool.

Any tips?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do you Mount the Bearings on Chinese Ballscrews?-ballscrew-assembly-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do you Mount the Bearings on Chinese Ballscrews?

Hi,
    those bearings should be a hand-push fit on the shaft. You may have to put the shaft in a lathe and use emery to bring it down somewhat. Don't whatever you do
    allow the ballnut to come off, its a major PITA to fit it back on.

Craig.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    How do you mount the BK/BF12 bearings on the Chinese RM16 Ballscrews (see attached pic)? I do sand the shaft lightly and apply some lubricant but I find it quite difficult especially on the Y,A and X axis which are quite long. Searching I didn’t find any suitable tool.

Any tips?
    Thanks
    They should be a just slide fit, if not someone messed up with the size of the shaft machining, the support Bearing end can be a tight fit as there is no clamping of the Bearing to the shaft, so measure the Bearing mounting area with a Micrometer to get the size and post what it is.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you guys, now I feel much better because I thought I was missing something. It’s true in the past some bearings just slide on but the majority are PITA however now I know what’s going on I will write on my order next time the shafts to be machined properly.

Craig I know about the ballnut not to remove, thanks.

mastec54 for the double bearing (the one at the left in my picture), the shaft is 0.475” and the bearing ID is 0.464”. The other end, the smaller bearing, the shaft is 0.394” and the bearing ID is 0.384”.

Many thanks

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you guys, now I feel much better because I thought I was missing something. It’s true in the past some bearings just slide on but the majority are PITA however now I know what’s going on I will write on my order next time the shafts to be machined properly.

Craig I know about the ballnut not to remove, thanks.

mastec54 for the double bearing (the one at the left in my picture), the shaft is 0.475” and the bearing ID is 0.464”. The other end, the smaller bearing, the shaft is 0.394” and the bearing ID is 0.384”.

Many thanks
    Seems you have a 10mm Bearing and a 12mm Bearing

12mm is .4724 The Bearing ID will be these sizes

10mm=.3937

Are you measuring with a micrometer or a caliper ??

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks mastec54, yes the bearing on the left side of the shaft (where the motor is installed) is a double bearing and the other end is a smaller bearing to support the shaft end.

I measure with a digital caliper

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks mastec54, yes the bearing on the left side of the shaft (where the motor is installed) is a double bearing and the other end is a smaller bearing to support the shaft end.

I measure with a digital caliper
    Yes, the Digital Caliper would not be accurate enough to measure the Bearing ID or the Ballscrew shaft, it can only give you a rough number, the Bearings will be the size I posted

Mactec54